Pano2QTVR 1.5.0 beta5 released

  • Thomas Rauscher
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 29 12:12 PM
      Hello,

      I released today a new beta of Pano2QTVR + FlashPack.

      The most notable changes are a ~30% speed increase and cylindrical
      panoramas. Also the GUI was reworked a bit to make the creation of
      Flash files easier. I have updated all samples on my page
      <http://www.pano2qtvr.com/sample_flash.php>

      I have also created a public API for the resulting SWFs so you can embed
      panoramas into your own Flash projects and control them much easier.
      A demo can be seen at <http://www.pano2qtvr.com/sample/flashtour/>
      and all the details can be found in
      <http://www.pano2qtvr.com/forum/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=4>

      To download, please go to:
      <http://www.pano2qtvr.com/download.php#beta>

      Ok, I guess this are enough links for now. ;)

      MfG,
      Thomas.
    • Michael Asgian
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 29 6:19 PM
        Thomas, how did you generate the Virtual Tour? using Flash? can you share the project to make an idea about how this could be done?

        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 29 11:04 PM
          Wow!

          Panning is very smooth, not QuickTime but very, very acceptable.
          Thank you!

          Here is the sample with new build of Pano2QTVR:
          http://pano.1drey.com/panos/cars/rover_flash.html

          Andrey
        • Thomas Rauscher
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 30 4:46 PM
            Hello Michael,

            on Saturday, September 30, 2006, 03:19:41 you wrote:

            MA> Thomas, how did you generate the Virtual Tour? using Flash?

            Yes, I used Flash 8.

            MA> can you share the project to make an idea about how this could be
            MA> done? http://www.pano2qtvr.com/sample/flashtour/

            Some people reported bugs in the API so I will hunt them first but
            than I will provide a sample FLA file. The FLA for this tour is not
            very clean and clear for outsiders and its full of debug info for me
            so I want to create a new descriptive clean one. Please give me some
            time for this. The tour was more a teaser.... ;)

            MfG,
            Thomas.
          • Pajuaba Gmail
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 18, 2006
              Hello, Thomas, good morning. I downloaded and tried this new version,
              but I simply cannot make a good result for now. Coincidentally I have a
              client that is just waiting for a solution just like the one you show at
              //flashtour/ . What do I have to know to make a similar thing, i.e. a
              map of the place, with some kind of a "beam of light" showing what the
              pano is displaying, beside of the pano itself, both with hotspots? I´m
              not exactly an expert in HTML, all I do is copy and paste the bits that
              I need from tutorials and edit very little, experimenting parameters and
              images, but usually leaving the syntax untouched. I´m not asking you to
              teach me (if you want it´s ok ;-) ) , but only tell me where I can find
              a way to learn this. If I have to learn, say, Flash, then I´ll have to
              quit; not that I won´t learn, is just that I prefer to deepen my
              knowledge in photo techniques, if needed.
              Thanks a lot in advance,
              Rodolpho Pajuaba

              Thomas Rauscher escreveu:

              >Hello,
              >
              >I released today a new beta of Pano2QTVR + FlashPack.
              >
              >The most notable changes are a ~30% speed increase and cylindrical
              >panoramas. Also the GUI was reworked a bit to make the creation of
              >Flash files easier. I have updated all samples on my page
              ><http://www.pano2qtvr.com/sample_flash.php>
              >
              >I have also created a public API for the resulting SWFs so you can embed
              >panoramas into your own Flash projects and control them much easier.
              >A demo can be seen at <http://www.pano2qtvr.com/sample/flashtour/>
              >and all the details can be found in
              ><http://www.pano2qtvr.com/forum/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=4>
              >
              >To download, please go to:
              ><http://www.pano2qtvr.com/download.php#beta>
              >
              >Ok, I guess this are enough links for now. ;)
              >
              >MfG,
              > Thomas.

            • Pajuaba Gmail
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 18, 2006
                Soooo sorry, folks, it meant to be directly to Thomas.
                Regards,
                Rodolpho Pajuaba

                Pajuaba Gmail escreveu:

                >Hello, Thomas, good morning. I downloaded and tried this new version,
                >but I simply cannot make a good result for now. Coincidentally I have a
                >client that is just waiting for a solution just like the one you show at
                >//flashtour/ . What do I have to know to make a similar thing, i.e. a
                >map of the place, with some kind of a "beam of light" showing what the
                >pano is displaying, beside of the pano itself, both with hotspots? I´m
                >not exactly an expert in HTML, all I do is copy and paste the bits that
                >I need from tutorials and edit very little, experimenting parameters and
                >images, but usually leaving the syntax untouched. I´m not asking you to
                >teach me (if you want it´s ok ;-) ) , but only tell me where I can find
                >a way to learn this. If I have to learn, say, Flash, then I´ll have to
                >quit; not that I won´t learn, is just that I prefer to deepen my
                >knowledge in photo techniques, if needed.
                >Thanks a lot in advance,
                >Rodolpho Pajuaba
                >
                >Thomas Rauscher escreveu:
                >

                >>Hello,
                >>
                >>I released today a new beta of Pano2QTVR + FlashPack.

              • dtonnes
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 18, 2006
                  Hi Thomas,

                  Your flash panoramas are looking really great! In order to truly take
                  advantage of the ubiquity of Flash, might it be possible to create a
                  backward-compatible version (albeit with reduced performance)?

                  Regards,

                  Dave
                • Thomas Rauscher
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 18, 2006
                    Hello Dave,

                    on Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 19:58:20 you wrote:

                    d> Your flash panoramas are looking really great! In order to truly take
                    d> advantage of the ubiquity of Flash, might it be possible to create a
                    d> backward-compatible version (albeit with reduced performance)?

                    No, it isn't easily possible with my approach since it is build around
                    one special function of Flash 8. Already 85-90% have Flash 8 or 9 and the
                    numbers are still going up so I see no reason for now to invest into
                    backward compatibility. Instead I want to improve the current engine.

                    MfG,
                    Thomas.
                  • Mike Johnston
                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 19, 2006
                      Hi,
                      I have some pano photos I want to show at a craft sale.
                      I am need of guidance on how to show them.
                      They have a form factor of about 1 : 3.
                      I would like to sell a 20" wide and 30" wide.
                      Should I mount them?
                      Should I mat them?
                      Should the backing board match the picture or a frame?
                      Should I try to match a standard frame (11 3/4 x 36?

                      Thanks

                      Mike J.

                    • Robert C. Fisher
                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 19, 2006
                        On Oct 19, 2006, at 1:10 PM, Mike Johnston wrote:

                        > Hi,
                        > I have some pano photos I want to show at a craft sale.
                        > I am need of guidance on how to show them.
                        > They have a form factor of about 1 : 3.
                        > I would like to sell a 20" wide and 30" wide.
                        Good choices! Size will also depend on image and cost parameters. All
                        prints should be archival quality prints with high quality printing,
                        don't use cheap inkjet prints since they will fade and your customers
                        won't be happy. If someone spends money on art they expect it will
                        last more than a year or so.
                        > Should I mount them?
                        I have in the past. This is good for just selling the prints without
                        frames.
                        > Should I mat them?
                        To sell them without frames just mounting will be good, make sure to
                        cover them so they don't get dirty.
                        > Should the backing board match the picture or a frame?
                        Neutral or contrasting depending on image and your taste.
                        > Should I try to match a standard frame (11 3/4 x 36?
                        I would go with custom frames which aren't too expensive if you use
                        the Aluminum type that are easily customized. Go for the best
                        presentation you can afford since the pictures will sell better. Also
                        price the panos for the venue and demographic of the fair. Most craft
                        fairs sell moderately priced goods say up to $200 over that may be a
                        stretch. You have to do a bit of research and marketing to sell your
                        images effectively.

                        > Thanks
                        >
                        > Mike J.

                        Cheers
                        Robert C. Fisher
                        QTVR Photography/Cinematography
                        www.rcfisher.com
                      • mikie9z9
                        Message 11 of 12 , Oct 20, 2006
                          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Robert C. Fisher" <bob@...> wrote:

                          > On Oct 19, 2006, at 1:10 PM, Mike Johnston wrote:
                          >
                          > > Hi,
                          > > I have some pano photos I want to show at a craft sale.
                          > > I am need of guidance on how to show them.
                          > > They have a form factor of about 1 : 3.
                          > > I would like to sell a 20" wide and 30" wide.
                          > Good choices! Size will also depend on image and cost parameters. All
                          > prints should be archival quality prints with high quality printing,
                          > don't use cheap inkjet prints since they will fade and your customers
                          > won't be happy. If someone spends money on art they expect it will
                          > last more than a year or so.
                          > > Should I mount them?
                          > I have in the past. This is good for just selling the prints without
                          > frames.
                          > > Should I mat them?
                          > To sell them without frames just mounting will be good, make sure to
                          > cover them so they don't get dirty.
                          > > Should the backing board match the picture or a frame?
                          > Neutral or contrasting depending on image and your taste.
                          > > Should I try to match a standard frame (11 3/4 x 36?
                          > I would go with custom frames which aren't too expensive if you use
                          > the Aluminum type that are easily customized. Go for the best
                          > presentation you can afford since the pictures will sell better. Also
                          > price the panos for the venue and demographic of the fair. Most craft
                          > fairs sell moderately priced goods say up to $200 over that may be a
                          > stretch. You have to do a bit of research and marketing to sell your
                          > images effectively.
                          > >
                          > > Thanks
                          > >
                          > > Mike J.
                          > >

                          > Cheers
                          > Robert C. Fisher
                          > QTVR Photography/Cinematography
                          > www.rcfisher.com

                          Thanks Robert.
                          Sorry for hijacking a thread.
                          I will try to ask this question correctly
                          Mike J.
                        • mikie9z9