Re: [PanoToolsNG] First Few Panos

  • Roger D. Williams
    Message 1 of 4 , May 6 5:16 PM
      Congratulations! These look a good deal more than half decent to me.

      Nice to see the Peleng producing the excellent results of which it
      is capable. I used the Peleng for years and came to love it...
      although I've moved on to Sigma and Nikon fisheyes since I moved
      from film (full frame) to digital (1.5x factor).

      As an English ex-pat, I enjoyed the Kentish scenery...

      You might find that 10-12mm is a good focal length with a 1.6x
      factor camera like the Canon 300D. Since I mostly shoot for the
      web I'm not too concerned about ultimate pixel-per-degree count,
      and more anxious to avoid multiple stitching and all the problems
      that arise at the seams between shots, so I prefer the 8mm Sigma
      f/3.5 (8,000 x 4,000 pixels on a Nikon D300) shooting just four
      around and the 10.5mm Nikon f/2.8 (10,000 x 5,000 pixels on a
      Fuji S5 Pro) shooting six around and one each up and down.

      Roger W.

      --
      Work: www.adex-japan.com