Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Stereo-3D Anaglyph Panoramas

  • Roger D. Williams
    Message 1 of 61 , May 5 8:19 PM
      On Wed, 06 May 2009 12:06:51 +0900, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:

      > 2009/5/5 Roger D. Williams <roger@...>

      >> My guess is that they will be used for some real estate work, for
      >> which the quality seems adequate.
      >

      > I don't think so
      > They state very clear there that it is ONLY a 224º view !!!
      > or a 150º vertical

      Watch the video and read the explanation. You can turn the camera
      in the portrait mode and rorate it sideways. The file gets a bit
      bigger and the lateral coverage shrinks--from 224 degrees to 150.

      > And you can use in vertical mode, BUT for shooting a vertical pano,
      > and not for a full circle horizontal

      There is no full-circle horizontal. The choices are 224 or 150 degrees.
      But that is enough for a lot of real-estate work, where (for instance)
      you want the view of the house, or the scenery from the balcony, but
      not include the next-door garden or the wall behind the balcony. That
      is not to deny the possibility of vertical panoramas, which are also
      demonstrated (and which can also be taken to give either 224 or 150
      degree coverage).

      > Well that's what I understood, but since I'm not a english native like
      > you, maybe I'm wrong :-)

      Yes, it is pretty clear what it can and cannot do if you take the
      time to watch the whole B&H thing.

      The quality of the resulting panoramas is quite good, especially (I
      would guess) if you used a tripod or at least a monopod to remove
      the worst variations caused by unsteady hands and rotation far from
      the NPP. Even hand held the results are not bad.

      Roger W.

      --
      Work: www.adex-japan.com
    • Karol Kwiatek
      Message 61 of 61 , May 10 4:38 PM
        Hi,

        Do you have a script for creating stereo-anaglyph panoramas in 3D modelling software (3D studio Max or Maya)?
        Karol