Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Stereo-3D Anaglyph Panoramas

  • AYRTON
    Message 1 of 61 , May 5, 2009
      2009/5/5 Roger D. Williams <roger@...>

      > Hi, Rudolpho,
      > Thanks for the link. The latest issue of Nippon Camera magazine has
      > a fairly detailed "first look" review of this camera, and the
      > reviewer spent some time on the panorama capability, which he
      > found a lot of fun...
      > The B&H video gives a good idea of how it works, and clears up one
      > thing that wasn't clear from the article: you CAN turn the camera
      > into the portrait position to make the most use of the 28mm equiv.
      > "wide" end of the zoom to increase the depth of your panoramas,
      > although the trade off is a reduced lateral coverage.
      > The Japanese reviewer also showed panoramas with an impossibly
      > long truck (length generated by panning in the same direction as
      > the truck was moving). Very odd, and an effect that would soon
      > grow boring...
      > I was going to give a resume of the article but people are probably
      > better off looking at the B&H video, which give a good idea of
      > how it works, and how good the resulting panoramas are.
      > My guess is that they will be used for some real estate work, for
      > which the quality seems adequate.

      I don't think so
      They state very clear there that it is ONLY a 224º view !!!
      or a 150º vertical

      And you can use in vertical mode, BUT for shooting a vertical pano,
      and not for a full circle horizontal

      Well that's what I understood, but since I'm not a english native like you,
      maybe I'm wrong :-)

      best
      AYRTON

      > Roger W.
      >
      > On Wed, 06 May 2009 06:01:52 +0900, Rodolpho Pajuaba <rpajuaba@...>
      > wrote:
      >
      > > Hey, B&H just sent me their newsletter, and one of the items called my
      > > attention:
      > > http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/find/newsLetter/Cyber-shot-DSC-HX1.jsp
      > > . The new Sony DSC-HX1 apparently has this feature built-in -
      > > unfortunately, it has a 28mm-equivalent lens only (widest, I mean), so
      > > it'not exactly the same - but I felt it should be a lot of fun to
      > > shoot with it.
      > > Regards,
      > > Rodolpho Pajuaba
      > >
      > > 2009/5/1 Roger D. Williams <roger@...>:
      > >

      > >> I seem to remember something said about taking many photos on the way
      > >> around the 360 degrees and using only a narrow, central, "slice" of
      > >> each to make stitching more successful.
      > >>
      > >> Roger W.

      > Work: www.adex-japan.com

      | A Y R |
      | T O N |
    • Karol Kwiatek
      Message 61 of 61 , May 10, 2009
        Hi,

        Do you have a script for creating stereo-anaglyph panoramas in 3D modelling software (3D studio Max or Maya)?
        Karol