Re: Distributing Panoramas as Flash

  • Hans Nyberg
    Message 1 of 6 , May 4, 2009
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Paul Fretheim <paul@...> wrote:
      > The reason this is a big deal is that when you export a projector the
      > file size doubles. A 4 mb Flash .swf file becomes an 8 mb Flash
      > Projector .exe file. As .swf files the panoramas for my Grand Canyon CD
      > are about 400 mb in size, leaving room for the topographic maps that
      > comprise the user interface and the various .pdf files that are included
      > on the CD. If those file sizes double, I can't even get the panos on a
      > CD, let alone the entire product.

      Paul how is your CD built?

      I assume you must have some sort of interface for loading the panoramas.

      What you do with FPP is to build this interface which links all your panoramas together and then you can just make 1 single projector.

      I assume you did build your old ones in Macromedia Studio with Quicktime.
      If you could do that it must be a simple thing for you to build an FPP Virtual Tour.

      I gave up Macromedia after my first trial many years ago.
      FPP XML was a piece of cake compared to it.