Re: [PanoToolsNG] A first attempt to create a 360x180 degree panorama from HD video

  • Wim Koornneef
    Message 1 of 17 , May 3, 2009
      Hello David,

      David Sykes-3 wrote:

      > In SPM did you use the Auto Colour Adjustment to blend the image strips ?

      I guess the image strips are a little to small (13px width) to make a good
      color adjustment possible so I didn't try this option but I could be wrong.
      I know it is possible in SPM to set the position of the strip for making
      stereo panoramas but I couldn't figure out how to set the width of the strip
      for a normal (not stereo) panorama and that is why I sliced the image frames
      in Photoshop.
      If there is an option in SPM to slice the images for a normal panorama then
      I am sure that there is enough image data for a perfect Auto Colour
      Adjustment.

      David Sykes-3 wrote:

      > Why was auto-exposure used for image capture, does movie mode not support
      > locked exposure ?

      I have no idea if it is possible to lock the exposure, I am not familiar
      with the EOS 5DMKII, Frank shot the video so perhaps he can answer this
      question, if not perhaps another group member can tell if exposure locking
      is possible for the camera.

      BTW, I also like to know if it is possible to set the amount of sharpening
      and the compressing quality of the video.

      Wim

    • Sacha Griffin
      Message 2 of 17 , May 3, 2009
        Yup there's an exposure lock in video mode.

        <-*->

        Sacha Griffin

        Southern Digital Solutions LLC

        http://www.southern-digital.com

        http://www.seeit360.net

        GMAIL IM: sachagriffin007@...

        404-551-4275

        Message 3 of 17 , May 3, 2009
          Hello Sascha,

          That's good news, Frank confirmed it and he will shoot some more videos
          (shot in offset NPP position) that I will use for creating a 360x180 degree
          3D panorama.
          If all goes well I will post the results later.
          I expect this can take some time so when "later" is I can't tell right now.

          Wim