Re: [PanoToolsNG] A first attempt to create a 360x180 degree panorama from HD video

  • Wim Koornneef
    Message 1 of 17 , May 3, 2009
      RobLee wrote:

      > where is it shot. It looks familiar.

      The video is shot in Utrecht and I am sure Frank can tell the exact
      location.

      Wim

    • David Sykes
      Message 2 of 17 , May 3, 2009
        Wim Koornneef wrote:

        > For comparison with the sliced version

        In SPM did you use the Auto Colour Adjustment to blend the image strips ?

        Why was auto-exposure used for image capture, does movie mode not support locked exposure ?

        David
      • bigwade
        Message 3 of 17 , May 3, 2009
          http://tinyurl.com/cuk4j2

          Wim Koornneef wrote:

          > RobLee wrote:
          >>
          >> where is it shot. It looks familiar.
          >
          > The video is shot in Utrecht and I am sure Frank can tell the exact
          > location.
          >
          > Wim

        • Wim Koornneef
          Message 4 of 17 , May 3, 2009
            Hello David,

            David Sykes-3 wrote:

            > In SPM did you use the Auto Colour Adjustment to blend the image strips ?

            I guess the image strips are a little to small (13px width) to make a good
            color adjustment possible so I didn't try this option but I could be wrong.
            I know it is possible in SPM to set the position of the strip for making
            stereo panoramas but I couldn't figure out how to set the width of the strip
            for a normal (not stereo) panorama and that is why I sliced the image frames
            in Photoshop.
            If there is an option in SPM to slice the images for a normal panorama then
            I am sure that there is enough image data for a perfect Auto Colour
            Adjustment.

            David Sykes-3 wrote:

            > Why was auto-exposure used for image capture, does movie mode not support
            > locked exposure ?

            I have no idea if it is possible to lock the exposure, I am not familiar
            with the EOS 5DMKII, Frank shot the video so perhaps he can answer this
            question, if not perhaps another group member can tell if exposure locking
            is possible for the camera.

            BTW, I also like to know if it is possible to set the amount of sharpening
            and the compressing quality of the video.

            Wim

          • Sacha Griffin
            Message 5 of 17 , May 3, 2009
              Yup there's an exposure lock in video mode.

              <-*->

              Sacha Griffin

              Southern Digital Solutions LLC

              http://www.southern-digital.com

              http://www.seeit360.net

              GMAIL IM: sachagriffin007@...

              404-551-4275

              Message 6 of 17 , May 3, 2009
                Hello Sascha,

                That's good news, Frank confirmed it and he will shoot some more videos
                (shot in offset NPP position) that I will use for creating a 360x180 degree
                3D panorama.
                If all goes well I will post the results later.
                I expect this can take some time so when "later" is I can't tell right now.

                Wim