Re: Stereo-3D Anaglyph Panoramas

  • David Sykes
    Message 1 of 61 , May 2, 2009
      I think that I can convince myself how this works.

      Look at figure 8 in this paper :-

      http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/~peleg/papers/cvpr99-stereopan.pdf

      Imaginary lines traced from the left and right strips through the optical centre of the lens are tangent to and define the diameter of the viewing circle.

      In effect, this is the camera separation and can be changed by altering the distance of the chosen strips from centre.

      Those two lines from Vl and Vr are looking at quite different points in the scene.

      However, imagine an image further clockwise along the image plane.
      A line drawn from Vr through the optical centre will intersect the Vl line from the previously-mentioned image.

      In other words, we are viewing a small strip of the scene, at a certain distance, from two different viewpoints .. which is what stereo is.

      I sort of understand that :-)

      David
    • Karol Kwiatek
      Message 61 of 61 , May 10, 2009
        Hi,

        Do you have a script for creating stereo-anaglyph panoramas in 3D modelling software (3D studio Max or Maya)?
        Karol