regarding Autopano 2

  • RobLee
    Message 1 of 5 , May 2 10:23 AM
      Just curious, does anybody on this forum uses this software? Is it any good?
      Thank you!

    • zen.alien
      Message 2 of 5 , May 2 12:16 PM
        I do most of the time.....
        it's a perfect stitcher that I would recommand anyone !!

        Greg

        -->Easter Island In Virtual reality http://www.rapanui360.com

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, RobLee <roblee007@...> wrote:

        > Just curious, does anybody on this forum uses this software? Is it any good?
        > Thank you!

      • RobLee
        Message 3 of 5 , May 2 5:23 PM
          well, I have been using AP 1.4.2 and it was good, but now version 2 crashes all the time in smartblendĀ  stage of processing after 2 hrs of going through the motions and "bug spat" comes on. I think they released it to soon. Very disappointed with this release.

          it's a perfect stitcher that I would recommand anyone !!

          Greg

          -->Easter Island In Virtual reality http://www.rapanui3 60.com

          --- In PanoToolsNG@ yahoogroups. com, RobLee <roblee007@. ..> wrote:

          > Just curious, does anybody on this forum uses this software? Is it any good?

          > Thank you!

        • Luca N Vascon
          Message 4 of 5 , May 4 2:39 AM
            hmmmmm.. is a tool to consider!!
            I try it from time to time, not tried the 2.0.
            It was a nice all-round stitcher,
            good interface intuitive and clear.
            Good mathematic, good results and quality
            Very good for first time pano shooter
            Versatile for pro trying to make easy HQ wide angle images

            Poor fisheye handling.
            Not reliable 100%, sometimes the auto stuff ends in wierd results.
            Quite impossible to have STRICT control on it, I mean, with repeated
            shooting etc...

            V 2.0 has an high price...
            :-(
            I can't afford it now.

            RobLee ha scritto:

            > Just curious, does anybody on this forum uses this software? Is it any
            > good?
            > Thank you!

          • John Riley
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 16, 2009
              I have been using version 2 since alpha. The released version is
              mostly quite stable on my Mac. It is much faster than 1.4, fisheyes
              are handled much better, it almost always gets a great fit
              automatically, etc, etc. I am enjoying it a LOT! My recent
              "passion" is an automated panohead for shooting gigapixel images and
              high-rez mosaics of art. I can import the large number of images
              into APP with a template generated by the software controlling the
              head (Papywizard) and the pano is nearly perfect (within the movement
              accuracy of the head, ~ 0.5Ā°, I think.) This is extremely helpful
              with blue sky! Generally, I generate control points and optimize and
              it is essentially perfect. The color and brightness corrections are
              great too.

              Give it a try!

              John

              John Riley