Re: Re: [PanoToolsNG] Stereo-3D Anaglyph Panoramas

  • Wim Koornneef
    Message 1 of 61 , May 1, 2009
      Hello Roger,

      Unfortunately my droplet is saving the trimmed images in a desktop folder in
      my user account and therefore it will not work in another account but making
      your own droplet is very easy.

      I am sure you know how to make an Action in Photoshop that opens a file,
      then trim the canvas to keep 1/3 of the width (deleting 1/3 left and 1/3
      right of the center) and then save a copy of it into a folder (the location
      of the folder is not important for the creation of the droplet) and then
      close the file.

      A Droplet is made from an Action, this is how I make one.

      With the menu "File" > "Automate" > "Create droplet...." you get a window
      to specify and set the creation of a droplet. By default the last used
      Action is preset for the droplet and all you have do is to set the place
      where you want to create the droplet (I have it placed in a folder with
      other droplets on my desktop but any location will do fine), set the place
      where you want to save the processed images (I have choosen a desktop folder
      that I specificly created for the output of droplet actions) and then enable
      some settings, I have enabled (toggled on) all options except "Include
      subfolders" and then hit the OK button.

      When selecting all images and dropping them on the droplet Photoshop
      processes them according the action that is stored inside the droplet. The
      droplet can not be changed so it is best to keep your Action in case you
      want to change something to create a new droplet.

      Succes,
      Wim

      Roger D. Williams wrote:

      > On Sat, 02 May 2009 00:04:52 +0900, Wim Koornneef
      > <wim.koornneef@...> wrote:
      >
      >> Hello Roger,
      >
      > Hi, Wim.
      >
      >> Perhaps this is the thread that Jim is referring to:
      >
      > Well, that certainly answers my query about how well it works and
      > whether the results are acceptable. A splendid panorama under
      > difficult circumstances.
      >
      >> It is this thread (by Peter Murphy) that pointed me to the idea to use a
      >> lot of images to avoid retouching issues in Photoshop.
      >
      >> Luckily the high number of images I need (at least 2 x 25) is not so bad
      >> as it sounds, with the help of a Photoshop droplet the canvas of all
      >> source images is trimmed to 1/3 of the original width, this save a lot
      >> of harddisk space and PTGui processing time and 1/3 of the original
      >> width is enough to automatically place CP's for optimizing.
      >
      > One thing I am not clear about. I cannot visualize how a camera
      > displaced from the NPP can generate a stereo pair of images
      > from strips taken from the opposing left- and right-hand edges
      > of the images it takes.
      >
      > I can see how taking narrow strips would ease stitching problems...
      >
      > Thank you for sustaining such an interesting and informative thread.
      > I hope it will encourage others to investigae stereo panoramas. It
      > is certainly encouraging me. I am delighted to think that my early
      > interest in stereo (dating from over 50 years ago) to my recent
      > interest in panoramas (only the last four or five years) now look
      > as if they are coming together.
      >
      > Would you share the PS droplet for trimming images?
      >
      > Thanks again,
      >
      > Rpger W.
      >

      > --
      > Work: www.adex-japan.com

    • Karol Kwiatek
      Message 61 of 61 , May 10, 2009
        Hi,

        Do you have a script for creating stereo-anaglyph panoramas in 3D modelling software (3D studio Max or Maya)?
        Karol