Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Stereo-3D Anaglyph Panoramas

  • Roger D. Williams
    Message 1 of 61 , May 1, 2009
      On Sat, 02 May 2009 00:04:52 +0900, Wim Koornneef
      <wim.koornneef@...> wrote:

      > Hello Roger,

      Hi, Wim.

      > Perhaps this is the thread that Jim is referring to:

      Well, that certainly answers my query about how well it works and
      whether the results are acceptable. A splendid panorama under
      difficult circumstances.

      > It is this thread (by Peter Murphy) that pointed me to the idea to use a
      > lot of images to avoid retouching issues in Photoshop.

      > Luckily the high number of images I need (at least 2 x 25) is not so bad
      > as it sounds, with the help of a Photoshop droplet the canvas of all
      > source images is trimmed to 1/3 of the original width, this save a lot
      > of harddisk space and PTGui processing time and 1/3 of the original
      > width is enough to automatically place CP's for optimizing.

      One thing I am not clear about. I cannot visualize how a camera
      displaced from the NPP can generate a stereo pair of images
      from strips taken from the opposing left- and right-hand edges
      of the images it takes.

      I can see how taking narrow strips would ease stitching problems...

      Thank you for sustaining such an interesting and informative thread.
      I hope it will encourage others to investigae stereo panoramas. It
      is certainly encouraging me. I am delighted to think that my early
      interest in stereo (dating from over 50 years ago) to my recent
      interest in panoramas (only the last four or five years) now look
      as if they are coming together.

      Would you share the PS droplet for trimming images?

      Thanks again,

      Rpger W.

      --
      Work: www.adex-japan.com
    • Karol Kwiatek
      Message 61 of 61 , May 10, 2009
        Hi,

        Do you have a script for creating stereo-anaglyph panoramas in 3D modelling software (3D studio Max or Maya)?
        Karol