In hugin, how do I save what the previewer shows me?

  • Leonard Evens
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1 9:41 AM
      I want to do a simple perspective correction which amounts to a yaw
      rotation and a vertical displacement, both of which I know pretty
      accurately.
      I find that I can get the correction I want in the previewer just by
      specifying that yaw and vertical displacement. I don't need any
      optimization since there is only one image and there is no barrel or
      pincushion distortion to speak of with my large format lenses. So do I
      still use the stitcher somehow to write out the desired transformed
      image.

      More generally, suppose I just want to apply the relevant projective
      transformation, specified as a 3 x 3 matrix? (I am a retired
      mathematics professor who knows how do find such things.) The
      panorama tools plugin for gimp may do it, but as best I can tell, it
      doesn't allow for a vertical or horizontal displacements.

      --
      Leonard Evens <len@...>
      Mathematics Department, Northwestern University
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1 9:52 AM
        On Fri 01-May-2009 at 11:41 -0500, Leonard Evens wrote:

        >I find that I can get the correction I want in the previewer just by
        >specifying that yaw and vertical displacement. I don't need any
        >optimization since there is only one image and there is no barrel or
        >pincushion distortion to speak of with my large format lenses. So do I
        >still use the stitcher somehow to write out the desired transformed
        >image.

        Yes, you can use the stitcher with just a single photo and you will
        get what you see in the Preview window.

        --
        Bruno