Re: Stereo-3D Anaglyph Panoramas

  • Wim Koornneef
    Message 1 of 61 , May 1 8:04 AM
      Hello Roger,

      Perhaps this is the thread that Jim is referring to:

      It is this thread (by Peter Murphy) that pointed me to the idea to use a lot of images
      to avoid retouching issues in Photoshop.
      Luckily the high number of images I need (at least 2 x 25) is not so bad as it sounds, with the help of a Photoshop droplet the canvas of all source images is trimmed to 1/3 of the original width, this save a lot of harddisk space and PTGui processing time and 1/3 of the original width is enough to automatically place CP's for optimizing.

      Wim

      > Thanks, Jim. Sounds interesting... wonder how well it works. Does the
      > original paper give examples? I'm not familiar with Hugin or PTStitcher,
      > so I can't follow the details of your explanation but it certainly
      > sounds as if it could be a lot simpler than taking 75 pictures all
      > round in the way that Wim suggested.
      >
      > Roger W.
      >
      > On Fri, 01 May 2009 22:23:42 +0900, Jim Watters
      > <jwatters@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Roger D. Williams wrote:
      > >> I seem to remember something said about taking many photos on the way
      > >> around the 360 degrees and using only a narrow, central, "slice" of
      > >> each to make stitching more successful.
      >
      > > There is a paper out there that describes rotating a single camera OFF
      > > the NPP. Taking two strips one from the left side of the frame and one
      > > from the left side of the frame. Stitching these two strips together to
      > > create the two views.
      > >
      > > The optimizing could be done with control points down the center of the
      > > images on distant objects.
      > > Two panoramas stitched with different selections one to only use the
      > > left strip and one to use the right strip.
      > > Use Hugin or PTStitcher to stitch and use the S at the end of the O line.
      > >
      > > # S100,600,100,800 Selection(l,r,t,b), Only pixels inside the
      > > rectangle will be used for conversion.
      > > # Original image size is used for all image
      > > parameters
      > > # (e.g. field-of-view) refer to the original image.
      > > # Selection can be outside image dimension.
      > >

      > > If using PTGui add a crop just before stitching. Do not optimize! Show
      > > script and modify the C to a S.
      > >
      > > Jim

      > Work: www.adex-japan.com

    • Karol Kwiatek
      Message 61 of 61 , May 10 4:38 PM
        Hi,

        Do you have a script for creating stereo-anaglyph panoramas in 3D modelling software (3D studio Max or Maya)?
        Karol