Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Stereo-3D Anaglyph Panoramas

  • Roger D. Williams
    Message 1 of 61 , May 1, 2009
      Thanks, Jim. Sounds interesting... wonder how well it works. Does the
      original paper give examples? I'm not familiar with Hugin or PTStitcher,
      so I can't follow the details of your explanation but it certainly
      sounds as if it could be a lot simpler than taking 75 pictures all
      round in the way that Wim suggested.

      Roger W.

      On Fri, 01 May 2009 22:23:42 +0900, Jim Watters
      <jwatters@...> wrote:

      > Roger D. Williams wrote:
      >> I seem to remember something said about taking many photos on the way
      >> around the 360 degrees and using only a narrow, central, "slice" of
      >> each to make stitching more successful.

      > There is a paper out there that describes rotating a single camera OFF
      > the NPP. Taking two strips one from the left side of the frame and one
      > from the left side of the frame. Stitching these two strips together to
      > create the two views.
      >
      > The optimizing could be done with control points down the center of the
      > images on distant objects.
      > Two panoramas stitched with different selections one to only use the
      > left strip and one to use the right strip.
      > Use Hugin or PTStitcher to stitch and use the S at the end of the O line.
      >
      > # S100,600,100,800 Selection(l,r,t,b), Only pixels inside the
      > rectangle will be used for conversion.
      > # Original image size is used for all image
      > parameters
      > # (e.g. field-of-view) refer to the original image.
      > # Selection can be outside image dimension.
      >

      > If using PTGui add a crop just before stitching. Do not optimize! Show
      > script and modify the C to a S.
      >
      > Jim

      Work: www.adex-japan.com
    • Karol Kwiatek
      Message 61 of 61 , May 10, 2009
        Hi,

        Do you have a script for creating stereo-anaglyph panoramas in 3D modelling software (3D studio Max or Maya)?
        Karol