Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Stereo-3D Anaglyph Panoramas

  • Jim Watters
    Message 1 of 61 , May 1, 2009
      Roger D. Williams wrote:
      > I seem to remember something said about taking many photos on the way
      > around the 360 degrees and using only a narrow, central, "slice" of
      > each to make stitching more successful. And I suppose that a rotating
      > slit camera (I have one, and used it exclusively for 360-degree
      > panoramas until I learned to stitch them) is the ultimate in this
      > respect. There might be a way to use a slow-panning movie to
      > create a good-looking panorama even if it was not actually rotating
      > around the NPP. The image might look quite good but of course the
      > parallax effects would introduce some distortion into the things at
      > first partially hidden and then gradually revealed as the camera
      > turned. I can imagine it, but I'd like to see how it looks... And
      > you would still need two cameras locked and turning together. You
      > couldn't have the same camera turning about two different centers
      > of rotation--the left and right images would be interchanged at
      > the 180-degree point! Ha, ha!!
      >
      > Roger W.
      There is a paper out there that describes rotating a single camera OFF
      the NPP. Taking two strips one from the left side of the frame and one
      from the left side of the frame. Stitching these two strips together to
      create the two views.

      The optimizing could be done with control points down the center of the
      images on distant objects.
      Two panoramas stitched with different selections one to only use the
      left strip and one to use the right strip.
      Use Hugin or PTStitcher to stitch and use the S at the end of the O line.

      # S100,600,100,800 Selection(l,r,t,b), Only pixels inside the rectangle will be used for conversion.
      # Original image size is used for all image parameters
      # (e.g. field-of-view) refer to the original image.
      # Selection can be outside image dimension.

      If using PTGui add a crop just before stitching. Do not optimize! Show
      script and modify the C to a S.

      Jim
    • Karol Kwiatek
      Message 61 of 61 , May 10, 2009
        Hi,

        Do you have a script for creating stereo-anaglyph panoramas in 3D modelling software (3D studio Max or Maya)?
        Karol