Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Stereo-3D Anaglyph Panoramas

  • Bernhard Vogl
    Message 1 of 61 , May 1, 2009
      > At first I thought this too, people always talk about the need of two
      > equal setups but I had doubt if this was true so I did a test and I found out
      > that it is possible to work with 2 different cameras with different lenses !

      It's possible because you loose lens characteristics when stitching the panorama. What you don't loose are camera characteristics, so the cameras should have a similar response curve and exposure metering.
      Anyway, if you capture the images for anaglyph panoramas, camera characteristics are not that bis issue because you throw away a lot of color information during the merge process...

      > BTW, the method for using 2 cameras with different lenses is copyright
      > 2009 - Wim Koornneef - dmmdh productions !!

      Sure? In that case, i'll challenge the patent because of "prior art". ;-)
      The only difference: I used 2 tele lenses and the setup is prohibitive heavy to work with... :-\

      Bernhard
    • Karol Kwiatek
      Message 61 of 61 , May 10, 2009
        Hi,

        Do you have a script for creating stereo-anaglyph panoramas in 3D modelling software (3D studio Max or Maya)?
        Karol