Test Site for VR Tour

  • Roger D. Williams
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30 7:36 PM
      I've been experimenting with the "skin" capabilities of Pano1VR and
      used some panoramas I took at a tourist attraction near Tokyo to
      make a sample VR tour. It's not open for general access yet, as
      the panoramas have not been optimized to the extent I would like,
      and there are several "flaky" aspects, but the panoramas themselves
      give a fair view of this very attractive and--dare I say it--typically
      Japanese site. One undesirable aspect is the small and unhelpful
      map (upper left corner). I am getting someone to create a better
      map. Another problem is that after you click on a hotspot to go
      to the next panorama, there is a considerable delay while nothing
      appears to happen. Don't click repeatedly on hotspots. Patience
      will be rewarded. <g>

      I would welcome comments. This is the first time I have provided
      links to any of my panoramas on this list, and I do so with some
      trepidation.

      The URL is http://roger-d-williams.com/sample/takao1.swf

      Panoramas at a few other locations, and some of the same location but
      better optimized, can be viewed via a rather quirky interface at
      http://roger-d-williams.com

      None of these panoramas have yet profited from the trial version
      of the Topaz Adjust plugin I am testing, although several of them
      could obviously benefit from it (low contrast images with subdued
      colours).

      Roger W.

      --
      Work: www.adex-japan.com