Re: [PanoToolsNG] Stereo-3D Anaglyph Panoramas

  • Roger D. Williams
    Message 1 of 61 , Apr 30, 2009
      Dear Wim,

      I was rather busy when I first read your message (below) about ColorCode
      3D,
      but now I have had time to look at it.

      I would like to ask a couple of questions.

      (1) How do you take the stereo panoramas, with two cameras on a bar?
      And a followup question. For scenes with no movement, would it
      be possible to move a single camera along a bar to take the second
      series of images?

      (2) I notice that the stereo effect is perceived by those (like
      myself) who do not yet have the amber/blue stereo glasses as
      purple fringes. I shoot with either a Sigma 8mm or a Nikon 10.5mm
      fisheye, and sometimes I get stubborn purple fringes that are
      nothing to do with stereo vision (!). Would this make it difficult
      for me to get a good stereo effect?

      I loved your non-stereo panoramas, and look forward to getting the
      stereo glasses for proper viewing. Unfortunately the ColorCode 3D
      shop was closed for "Spring Cleaning" when I visited it.

      Also the dreaded Acrobat 9 bug prevented me from viewing the PDFs
      with detailed information and pricing, etc., in my browser. What do
      they charge for the software to create 3D images?

      Apart from the purple fringeing, I thought that ColorCode 3D images
      were much better than red/cyan analglyphs for people who come
      across them without stereo glasses.

      Roger W.

      --
      Work: www.adex-japan.com
    • Karol Kwiatek
      Message 61 of 61 , May 10, 2009
        Hi,

        Do you have a script for creating stereo-anaglyph panoramas in 3D modelling software (3D studio Max or Maya)?
        Karol