Re: [PanoToolsNG] [hugin] segmentation on stitched photo

  • paul womack
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30 6:00 AM
      The Peach wrote:
      > I've successfully created a stitched photo from 4 photos.
      > the result is correct, but I see various segmented portions of the photos
      > here's a small version with the errors highlighted
      > http://xs138.xs.to/xs138/09184/bagno1-small-errors201.png
      >
      > where should I put my hands to correct the problem?
      > control points? lens definition? other?

      Were you careful to rotate about the "nodal point"
      of your camera when taking the shots?

      http://dgrin.smugmug.com/gallery/2114189

      BugBear
    • The Peach
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 30 11:34 AM
        On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 14:00:24 +0100
        paul wrote:

        > careful
        careful.... well...
        actually the shots were done as good as I could, but as you can see the camera was high looking down.
        Is there anything I can do? correct the fov on single images? is a retouch the only way to be? :-\ nothing to do within hugin itself?

        --
        Matteo 'Peach' Pescarin
      • Bruno Postle
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 30 11:49 AM
          On Thu 30-Apr-2009 at 20:34 +0200, The Peach wrote:
          >actually the shots were done as good as I could, but as you can see
          >the camera was high looking down.
          >Is there anything I can do? correct the fov on single images? is a
          >retouch the only way to be? :-\ nothing to do within hugin itself?

          Looking at the top of the picture, this clearly has messed-up lens
          correction parameters. Probably either because of badly distributed
          control points or parallax problems or both.

          I recommend resetting the a,b,c,d,e lens parameters and reoptimising
          on the Optimiser tab, starting with the 'positions' preset, then
          optimising 'positions and view' then 'positions view and barrel'.

          You might want also to look at each pair of images in the Control
          Points tab to see if there is a good spread of control points.

          --
          Bruno