[hugin] segmentation on stitched photo

  • The Peach
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2009
      I've successfully created a stitched photo from 4 photos.
      the result is correct, but I see various segmented portions of the photos
      here's a small version with the errors highlighted
      http://xs138.xs.to/xs138/09184/bagno1-small-errors201.png

      where should I put my hands to correct the problem?
      control points? lens definition? other?

      thanks for your help.

      Regards,

      --
      Matteo 'Peach' Pescarin
    • paul womack
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 30, 2009
        The Peach wrote:
        > I've successfully created a stitched photo from 4 photos.
        > the result is correct, but I see various segmented portions of the photos
        > here's a small version with the errors highlighted
        > http://xs138.xs.to/xs138/09184/bagno1-small-errors201.png
        >
        > where should I put my hands to correct the problem?
        > control points? lens definition? other?

        Were you careful to rotate about the "nodal point"
        of your camera when taking the shots?

        http://dgrin.smugmug.com/gallery/2114189

        BugBear
      • The Peach
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 30, 2009
          On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 14:00:24 +0100
          paul wrote:

          > careful
          careful.... well...
          actually the shots were done as good as I could, but as you can see the camera was high looking down.
          Is there anything I can do? correct the fov on single images? is a retouch the only way to be? :-\ nothing to do within hugin itself?

          --
          Matteo 'Peach' Pescarin
        • Bruno Postle
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 30, 2009
            On Thu 30-Apr-2009 at 20:34 +0200, The Peach wrote:
            >actually the shots were done as good as I could, but as you can see
            >the camera was high looking down.
            >Is there anything I can do? correct the fov on single images? is a
            >retouch the only way to be? :-\ nothing to do within hugin itself?

            Looking at the top of the picture, this clearly has messed-up lens
            correction parameters. Probably either because of badly distributed
            control points or parallax problems or both.

            I recommend resetting the a,b,c,d,e lens parameters and reoptimising
            on the Optimiser tab, starting with the 'positions' preset, then
            optimising 'positions and view' then 'positions view and barrel'.

            You might want also to look at each pair of images in the Control
            Points tab to see if there is a good spread of control points.

            --
            Bruno