Re: How to prepare a Zenitar 16mm fisheye for first

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 29, 2009
      Bernhard Vogl wrote:

      > Apparently the focusing error is introduced by using the adapter (at
      > least the M42->Nikon/Canon adapters, don't know about the "native" mounts).
      > This may explain why some have problems why others don't.

      This was my impression, too. When I had my first fisheye I was
      astonished how small the focusing extension was. The Zenitar focuses
      from infinity to 30cm in 1mm (0.3mm for a 8mm Peleng from infinity to
      22cm). Hence a minor difference in the adapter (which will be not
      recognizable with a longer focal length) can cause severe defocus.