OT: horrible skype popups on mac, can anyone help?

  • Jeffrey Martin
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 29 11:56 AM
      completely off topic, but this list is so helpful, and i'm completely
      stumped.

      About 2 or 3 weeks ago I started getting these obnoxious popups from skype.

      here is an example.
      http://vrlog.net/temp/picture126.jpg

      basically anytime one of my ~200 contacts goes on or offline, or is typing a
      message. In other words, nearly every minute or two, there are at least one
      of these popups. and I can't find any way to turn it off.

      No, it's not in preferences.

      This is on Mac. This isn't a problem on PC.

      if anyone can help, you win 10 beers, payable in Letna beer garden, anytime
      this summer :)
      http://u.nu/69a3

      Jeffrey Martin

      tel. +420 608 076 502 / skype jeffrey.s.martin /
      http://twitter.com/360cities

    • ptgroup
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 29 12:03 PM
        Jeff:
        in the German Skype Forum:
        http://forum.meinskype.de/viewtopic.php?t=12337&highlight=skypeex

        they talk about "Skypeex" that should be able to controll the behaviour of
        your contacts.

        my beer ? :)

        ciao
        mike
        360� VR Fotografie:
        http://www.360de.de

        NEU: Abstrakte Fotografie unter:
        http://www.abstraktfoto.de
        -----------------------------
        -----Urspr�ngliche Nachricht-----

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 29 12:12 PM
          Forgot the link:
          http://www.cassaforte.de/_skypeex/
          ----------------------------

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 29 12:34 PM
            > About 2 or 3 weeks ago I started getting these obnoxious popups from skype.
            >
            > here is an example.
            > http://vrlog.net/temp/picture126.jpg

            Those are being shown in Growl. There is a system prefpane that allows
            you to turn it off for certain applications.

            Tim
          • Jeffrey Martin
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 30 2:15 AM
              Sorry Mike, no beer.

              Tim wins the beer :) It was Growl which i had to install for some other app
              i was installing.

              Tim, come on over. Payable any time this summer. :)