Sharing some panoramas from Acapulco, Mexico ...

  • Roberto Gomez Torres
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 23, 2009
      Hello list,

      Last month of March I went to Acapulco, one of our famous bays at the
      Pacific ocean.
      Had the chance to shot 8 panoramas there and want to share them with you.

      I have published them at my web site on my 2009 gallery:
      http://www.tiempo-digital.com/galeria/2009/2009.html

      QuickTime format.
      Taken with a tripod, Really Right Stuff panoramic head, Nikon D300 camera,
      4 panoramas with the Sigma 8mm F/3.5 fisheye lens and also 4 using the Nikon
      10.5mm F/2.8 fisheye lens.

      Hope you like them.
      Best regards from Mexico City.
      ======================
      Roberto Gómez Torres
      Tiempo Digital
      Mexico City, Mexico
      www.tiempo-digital.com
      ======================
    • Moore, Dave M (UK Rochester)
      Message 2 of 4 , May 6, 2009
        Hi All,
        Thought I'd just post a couple of links to my first half decent panos.
        Any comments welcome. Canon 300D with a Peleng lens and NN3. Software
        wise I used Hugin & krpano.

        http://www.moorenet.co.uk/pano/krpano/allingtonlock.html

        &

        http://www.moorenet.co.uk/pano/krpano/whatman.html

        Both panos are from around locations near Maidstone, Kent in the UK.

        The high-sharpen function in krpano is great. The Peleng lens has a FoV
        that's really too big (about 163 degrees). I'd rather it had a smaller
        FoV so that I could get more pixels per degrees in the final Pano image.
        I'm not sure that the standar Canon 300D lens is really a pracical
        proposition for panos as it would need a huge numbers of images.
        Something in between would be ideal.

        Regards,
        Dave

      • Uri Cogan
        Message 3 of 4 , May 6, 2009
          Moore, Dave M (UK Rochester) wrote:

          > Thought I'd just post a couple of links to my first half decent panos.
          > Any comments welcome. Canon 300D with a Peleng lens and NN3. Software
          > wise I used Hugin & krpano.
          >
          > http://www.moorenet.co.uk/pano/krpano/allingtonlock.html

          Very nice exposure and sharpness; a tiny little bit of stitching error
          on the overhead wires, some waving of the white railings and other
          straight lines, and a little bit of chromatic aberration, noticeable
          only at very high zoom-in view.

          > http://www.moorenet.co.uk/pano/krpano/whatman.html

          About the same observations as the other panorama; the nadir patch looks
          over-sharpened so it shimmers a bit on my monitor.

          Cheers, uri.
        • Roger D. Williams
          Message 4 of 4 , May 6, 2009
            Congratulations! These look a good deal more than half decent to me.

            Nice to see the Peleng producing the excellent results of which it
            is capable. I used the Peleng for years and came to love it...
            although I've moved on to Sigma and Nikon fisheyes since I moved
            from film (full frame) to digital (1.5x factor).

            As an English ex-pat, I enjoyed the Kentish scenery...

            You might find that 10-12mm is a good focal length with a 1.6x
            factor camera like the Canon 300D. Since I mostly shoot for the
            web I'm not too concerned about ultimate pixel-per-degree count,
            and more anxious to avoid multiple stitching and all the problems
            that arise at the seams between shots, so I prefer the 8mm Sigma
            f/3.5 (8,000 x 4,000 pixels on a Nikon D300) shooting just four
            around and the 10.5mm Nikon f/2.8 (10,000 x 5,000 pixels on a
            Fuji S5 Pro) shooting six around and one each up and down.

            Roger W.

            --
            Work: www.adex-japan.com