Re: [PanoToolsNG] OT:Nikon GP-1 GPS Unit

  • Carl von Einem
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 23 2:28 PM
      Hi Flemming,

      there was an opportunity today for me to speak to Nikon people... they told
      me that a remote trigger can be attached to the GPS unit, no problem.

      OTOH I think that a standard GPS logger should also work (if you not own a
      "normal" GPS device yet), just without the direct functionality of recording
      coordinates to your images' EXIF data - that is if you can live with or
      correct the time offset between GPS logger and the internal clock of your
      camera. Ian Wood presented a nice tool just for that in Prague last year.
      It's not in the list of videos
      (<http://panotools-meeting.com/2008/videos/>), sorry.

      Carl

      ps.
      That was an interesting opportunity today to have a closer look at the
      Hartblei lenses, too :-) I start to dream of a panotools meeting in Munich,
      we have so very nice companies here we could possibly visit: Linhof,
      Rodenstock, Hartblei