Hugin 0.6.1 Panorama software

  • Richard Carlson
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 27, 2006
      Seems no matter what I do I can't get it to install (compile properly)
      I've installed all of the dependency files and downloaded the actual
      software files from Sourceforge.net. Anyone running Linux have a clue
      how to get it to work? I'm running SimplyMepis (which uses 'Ubuntu'
      repository files ) which does not include this software in their
      repositories. So I'm attempting to install (compile) the package
      manually and have followed the advice I found
      http://exolucere.ca/articles/compile-hugin-ubuntu. So far nothing
      works with alot of compilation errors when I try to
      'configure''make''make install' the package. Any help or direction
      would be appreciated. Wish the program writings could package this
      software better or at least attempt to indicated what's necessary to
      get it to work properly. I'd like to get this on my Linux box. ( I do
      have WindowsXP with Ptgui) but would like additional alternatives to
      Windows.

      Rich
    • Bruno Postle
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 28, 2006
        On Wed 27-Sep-2006 at 22:46 -0000, Richard Carlson wrote:

        > So far nothing works with alot of compilation errors when I try to
        > 'configure''make''make install' the package.

        Typically this is caused by missing development packages. If you
        scroll back through the compiler output and look for the first
        couple of error messages, these should give us a clue what the
        problem is.

        --
        Bruno