Re: Why don't manual control points change my Hugin pano?

  • John Houghton
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 9, 2009
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Nate <nathan@...> wrote:

      > I'm getting the idea that it's because I have a zoom lens and a
      > variable focal length. I just checked my EXIF data, and I have a
      > different focal length that falls in line with my "four" lenses.

      You are making things unnecessarily complicated if you don't use the same zoom setting for all the shots. You have effectively used 4 different lenses in your case, and consequently 4 sets of lens parameters need to be evaluated by the optimizer. You need a lot of well spread control points to do this effectively, which may not be possible with your images.

      When you can't assign many control points, it's best to use calibrated lens parameters that have been evaluated in a special project shot in a carefully chosen venue that facilitates the assignment of control points.

      John