[OSX] ImageFuser 0.6.0 released

  • Harry van der Wolf
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2009
      Hi Mac users,

      I just released a new version of ImageFuser being 0.6.0. It took quite some
      time as I wanted to embed the Expert options into ImageFuser. That took me
      on a long road of bugs in the OSX section of enfuse for this part.
      Fortunately Christoph Spiel worked hard on these bugs and they are now
      fixed.

      In short:
      - Expert Options now implemented (Can be used for e.g. depth of field a.k.a.
      focus stacking [1][2][3][4]).
      - Added support for 8bit png and 16bit png (next to jpeg and all tif
      formats).
      - Define output format in batch mode (was and still defaults to input format
      = output format).
      - bugfixes in both enfuse and ImageFuser.

      As always:
      Further info, screenshots and download: Go to my website
      <
      http://panorama.dyndns.org/index.php?lang=en&subject=ImageFuser&texttag=ImageFuser

      Hoi,
      Harry

      [1]: <http://wiki.panotools.org/Enfuse_reference_manual#Expert_Options>
      [2]: <
      http://wiki.panotools.org/Enfuse_reference_manual#Focus_Stacks_.E2.80.93_Depth-of-Field_Increase

      [3]: <http://www.janrik.net/ptools/ExtendedFocusPano12/> (With 2 sample
      photo sets to try).
      [4]: <
      http://edu-perez-en.blogspot.com/2009/01/greater-depth-field-macro.html>

      *Complete changelog for 0.6.0:*
      * Added the "Enfuse Expert options" to ImageFuser (It took me weeks to
      discover that enfuse contained bugs whereas I thought it was in my
      programming).
      * Christoph Spiel created a bugfix to enable the use of the "Enfuse Expert
      Options" on OSX as the string conversion contained a bug.
      * Christoph Spiel optimized the "channel widening" (going to and from 8bit
      to 16bit or 32bit) in enfuse. His version can be downloaded via
      https://code.launchpad.net/~cspiel/enblend/staging<https://code.launchpad.net/%7Ecspiel/enblend/staging>,
      which is a branch of the original enblend/enfuse trunk.
      * enfuse upgraded to ~cspiel/enblend/staging branch 285.
      * Bugfix: stupid little bug w.r.t. "What's new" popup.
      * Bugfix for "Image Info": It now handles spaces in image names and image
      paths correctly.
      * Set CIECAM02 option default to on. When user images contain a non RGB
      profile, the user definitely wants to use it. Also with ciecam02 switched
      on, Enfuse detects if the image does or does not contain ECC profiles and
      automatically switches to default RGB colorspace when relevant.
      * Added support for 8bit and 16bit PNG, both input and output (and in batch)
      * Output format can be selected from batch window. It (still) defaults to
      "input format=output format", but you can also select jpg, 8bit tiff, 16bit
      tiff, 32bit tiff, 8bit png and 16bit png as output format. This is than
      valid for the total set.
      * Added a "barberpole" when Imagefuser (enfuse) recalculates the preview.
      * Removed "DEFLATE" as TIFF compression option. OSX can't handle deflated
      tiffs properly (that is: my Tiger and Leopard versions can't).
      * Added FocalLengthIn35mmFormat and FocalLength to Exiftool save options for
      enfused image. With these exif info added, Hugin (and others?) can determine
      focallength and subsequently calculate HFOV from images.
      * ExifTool upgraded to version 7.73.
      * Added links in Help menu to online manual (forgot that one in 0.5.7) and
      wiki.panotools.org documentation.

    • AYRTON
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4, 2009
        Thanks HarryI'm gonna give it a try

        best
        AYRTON

        On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 4:52 AM, Harry van der Wolf <hvdwolf@...>wrote:

> [...]
        > * Output format can be selected from batch window. It (still) defaults to
        > "input format=output format", but you can also select jpg, 8bit tiff, 16bit
        > tiff, 32bit tiff, 8bit png and 16bit png as output format. This is than
        > valid for the total set.
        > * Added a "barberpole" when Imagefuser (enfuse) recalculates the preview.
        > * Removed "DEFLATE" as TIFF compression option. OSX can't handle deflated
        > tiffs properly (that is: my Tiger and Leopard versions can't).
        > * Added FocalLengthIn35mmFormat and FocalLength to Exiftool save options
        > for
        > enfused image. With these exif info added, Hugin (and others?) can
        > determine
        > focallength and subsequently calculate HFOV from images.
        > * ExifTool upgraded to version 7.73.
        > * Added links in Help menu to online manual (forgot that one in 0.5.7) and

        | A Y R |
        | T O N |

        + 55 21 9982 6313

        http://ayrton360.com