Re: [PanoToolsNG] huuuuge panohead :-)

  • Andrei Zdetovetchi
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1 3:53 PM
      Nah, I think this is how the 4 Gigabytes of flash memory looks in space due to the lack of pressure and vacuum... ;)

      Best regards,
      Andrei Zdetovetchi

      the panoblogus - http://www.csvd.ro/panoblog/
      flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zdeto/
      ---

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1 7:53 PM
        This photo left me thinking...

        I suppose telescopes may request some considerably long exposures to
        shoot stars, galaxies, etc. They must need an extremely precise
        gyroscope system to stop all rotations and get an absolutely steady
        image. Sometimes we have trouble steading long objectives even with
        tripods... imagine how hard it must be to get a steady shot in the
        telescope scale!

        Carl von Einem wrote:
        > Is that a pinhole camera?
        > <http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap090401.html>
        > ;-)
        >

        > ------------------------------------

      • Paul Trippett
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1 11:03 PM
          Never thought about that before, ignorance is bliss. I guess its like your
          camera and tripod is moving at 35,000 miles an hour and your trying to focus
          on a pin head a mile away :/

          On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 7:53 PM, Fabio Bustamante <
          contato@...> wrote:

          > This photo left me thinking...
          >
          > I suppose telescopes may request some considerably long exposures to
          > shoot stars, galaxies, etc. They must need an extremely precise
          > gyroscope system to stop all rotations and get an absolutely steady
          > image. Sometimes we have trouble steading long objectives even with
          > tripods... imagine how hard it must be to get a steady shot in the
          > telescope scale!
          >

          > Carl von Einem wrote:
          > > Is that a pinhole camera?
          > > <http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap090401.html>
          > > ;-)

        • paul womack
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 2 1:32 AM
            Fabio Bustamante wrote:
            > This photo left me thinking...
            >
            > I suppose telescopes may request some considerably long exposures to
            > shoot stars, galaxies, etc. They must need an extremely precise
            > gyroscope system to stop all rotations and get an absolutely steady
            > image.

            Since the rotation of the earth is known, they either
            use a fixed "clockwork" (normally a very precise worm wheel
            and drive) or are "guided".

            This is done by pointing a guide telescope (on the same mount
            as the "real" telescope) at a nice bright star,
            and using a feedback loop (on the scope drive) to keep the bright
            star fixed.

            This allows long exposures on stars (and other things) which are
            not so bright.

            BugBear