Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Shooting persons at dark rooms

  • Eduardo Hutter
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
      Like Eric said, bounce it to the ceiling which should be ok if the
      ceiling is not very high or dark. A well balanced combination of low
      speed and bounced flash should get you a good set of photos. You can
      also use a diffuser over your sb900, personally I like it better and is
      more efficient concerning your batteries. Check your dealer for Gary
      Fong - http://tinyurl.com/dypzbt - there are others of course but this
      one is really nice. There's one thing about it though: it's bulky.

      cheers

      Eduardo

      * Erik Krause wrote, On 01/04/2009 3:54 PM:

      > Gerald Lodron wrote:
      >
      > > I cannot use a flash because then the 180 degree fisheyeimages are
      > > badly illuminated (no flash can illuminate 180 degrees, it looks
      > > like vignetting).
      >
      > You can't use it directly, but you can use indirect flash. Point the
      > flash at the ceiling behind the camera (ceiling must be white!) or
      > point it at a reflector (white cardboard, styrofoam or alike) behind
      > the camera. You need a more powerful flash of course...
      >
      > Direct flash is no good idea, not even for conventional
      > photography...
      >
      > -- Erik Krause http://www.erik-krause.de <http://www.erik-krause.de>
    • Gerald Lodron
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
        sounds interesting, i will have a look at that, thanks

        ________________________________
        Like Eric said, bounce it to the ceiling which should be ok if the
        ceiling is not very high or dark. A well balanced combination of low
        speed and bounced flash should get you a good set of photos. You can
        also use a diffuser over your sb900, personally I like it better and is
        more efficient concerning your batteries. Check your dealer for Gary
        Fong - http://tinyurl. com/dypzbt - there are others of course but this
        one is really nice. There's one thing about it though: it's bulky.

        cheers

        Eduardo

        * Erik Krause wrote, On 01/04/2009 3:54 PM:

        > Gerald Lodron wrote:
        >
        > > I cannot use a flash because then the 180 degree fisheyeimages are
        > > badly illuminated (no flash can illuminate 180 degrees, it looks
        > > like vignetting).
        >
        > You can't use it directly, but you can use indirect flash. Point the
        > flash at the ceiling behind the camera (ceiling must be white!) or
        > point it at a reflector (white cardboard, styrofoam or alike) behind
        > the camera. You need a more powerful flash of course...
        >
        > Direct flash is no good idea, not even for conventional
        > photography. ..
        >
        > -- Erik Krause http://www.erik-krause.de http://www.erik- krause.de>

      • Keith Martin
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
          Sometime around 1/4/09 (at 15:47 -0300) Eduardo Hutter said:

          >Check your dealer for Gary
          >Fong - http://tinyurl.com/dypzbt - there are others of course but this
          >one is really nice. There's one thing about it though: it's bulky.

          It can be squashed into pockets in bags, but yes, it is a bit bulky.
          The other thing about it is that people wonder why you have your
          tupperware lunchbox stuck on your flash. But man, the results are
          worth the teasing. :-)