Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Shooting persons at dark rooms

  • Eduardo Hutter
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
      Like Eric said, bounce it to the ceiling which should be ok if the
      ceiling is not very high or dark. A well balanced combination of low
      speed and bounced flash should get you a good set of photos. You can
      also use a diffuser over your sb900, personally I like it better and is
      more efficient concerning your batteries. Check your dealer for Gary
      Fong - http://tinyurl.com/dypzbt - there are others of course but this
      one is really nice. There's one thing about it though: it's bulky.

      cheers

      Eduardo

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
        Gerald Lodron wrote:

        > I cannot use a flash because then the 180 degree fisheyeimages are badly
        > illuminated (no flash can illuminate 180 degrees, it looks like vignetting).

        You can't use it directly, but you can use indirect flash. Point the
        flash at the ceiling behind the camera (ceiling must be white!) or point
        it at a reflector (white cardboard, styrofoam or alike) behind the
        camera. You need a more powerful flash of course...

        Direct flash is no good idea, not even for conventional photography...

      • Gerald Lodron
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
          sounds interesting, i will have a look at that, thanks

          ________________________________
          Like Eric said, bounce it to the ceiling which should be ok if the
          ceiling is not very high or dark. A well balanced combination of low
          speed and bounced flash should get you a good set of photos. You can
          also use a diffuser over your sb900, personally I like it better and is
          more efficient concerning your batteries. Check your dealer for Gary
          Fong - http://tinyurl. com/dypzbt - there are others of course but this
          one is really nice. There's one thing about it though: it's bulky.

          cheers

          Eduardo

          * Erik Krause wrote, On 01/04/2009 3:54 PM:

          > Gerald Lodron wrote:
          >
          > > I cannot use a flash because then the 180 degree fisheyeimages are
          > > badly illuminated (no flash can illuminate 180 degrees, it looks
          > > like vignetting).
          >
          > You can't use it directly, but you can use indirect flash. Point the
          > flash at the ceiling behind the camera (ceiling must be white!) or
          > point it at a reflector (white cardboard, styrofoam or alike) behind
          > the camera. You need a more powerful flash of course...
          >
          > Direct flash is no good idea, not even for conventional
          > photography. ..
          >
          > -- Erik Krause http://www.erik-krause.de http://www.erik- krause.de>

        • Keith Martin
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
            Sometime around 1/4/09 (at 15:47 -0300) Eduardo Hutter said:

            >Check your dealer for Gary
            >Fong - http://tinyurl.com/dypzbt - there are others of course but this
            >one is really nice. There's one thing about it though: it's bulky.

            It can be squashed into pockets in bags, but yes, it is a bit bulky.
            The other thing about it is that people wonder why you have your
            tupperware lunchbox stuck on your flash. But man, the results are
            worth the teasing. :-)