The Verein vs. the IVRPA ...

  • Pat Swovelin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 10, 2006
      Prior to John forcing everyone's hand when he went suicidal last night
      the group was working towards creating a Verein and that was virtually
      complete until Michael tossed the IVRPA into the mix and everything was
      thrown into disarray.

      That's history but the significant part is when our hand was forced the
      1st very thing we did was to start a new Yahoo list (2 actually at
      virtually the same time which increases my point) to give everyone a
      place to go and decide what to do next. It seems that if the group's
      mindset was towards joining something (Help! Help! Save me.) we
      would've immediately joined the IVRPA en mass and encouraged other
      like-minded people to do so.

      But we didn't.

      We created a new list to form our own organization because we're
      independent and want to stay that way. When there's a problem we don't
      look for someone to save us we save ourselves. We're internalizers and
      not externalizers. That's the mark of an independent group/individual
      that wants to stay that way.

      And that dear readers is why we should pursue the Verein over the IVRPA,
      it's in our DNA and doing anything less is denying our true nature.

      Pat Swovelin
      Cool Guy @ Large
    • Jim Dawson
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 10, 2006
        I thought this stuff, and the post above, still belonged in the
        Panotools List. Or are we going to have two political lists?

        Jim

        > Prior to John forcing everyone's hand when he went suicidal last night
        > the group was working towards creating a Verein and that was virtually
        > complete until Michael tossed the IVRPA into the mix and everything was
        > thrown into disarray.
        >
        > That's history but the significant part is when our hand was forced the
        > 1st very thing we did was to start a new Yahoo list (2 actually at
        > virtually the same time which increases my point) to give everyone a
        > place to go and decide what to do next. It seems that if the group's
        > mindset was towards joining something (Help! Help! Save me.) we
        > would've immediately joined the IVRPA en mass and encouraged other
        > like-minded people to do so.
        >
        > But we didn't.
        >
        > We created a new list to form our own organization because we're
        > independent and want to stay that way. When there's a problem we don't
        > look for someone to save us we save ourselves. We're internalizers and
        > not externalizers. That's the mark of an independent group/individual
        > that wants to stay that way.
        >
        > And that dear readers is why we should pursue the Verein over the IVRPA,
        > it's in our DNA and doing anything less is denying our true nature.
        >

        > Pat Swovelin
        > Cool Guy @ Large
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Pat Swovelin
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 10, 2006
          Jim Dawson wrote:
          > I thought this stuff, and the post above, still belonged in the
          > Panotools List. Or are we going to have two political lists?

          *Absolutely not!* I posted to the wrong list but by the time I found
          out about it it was too late to do anything about it.

          > Jim

          Pat Swovelin
          Cool Guy @ Large