Re: PTShift

  • bohonus
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 31, 2009
      I would like to use PTShift in CS4 as well.

      Seems that when calling the script, its window gets drawn in the upper left corner in "negative" screen xy position with just a tiny sliver of it visible. There is a little corner that I can click on to bring up the preferences but no other actions are recognized. CS4 then becomes totally unresponsive because the script is waiting for a response, and for its own window to close. I have to "end task" CS4 to get out of it.

      Is this something that can be fixed by changing how the script gets/sets its window position? or is it something else that is the problem?

      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 31, 2009
        bohonus wrote:

        > Seems that when calling the script, its window gets drawn in the upper
        > left corner in "negative" screen xy position with just a tiny sliver of
        > it visible. There is a little corner that I can click on to bring up the
        > preferences but no other actions are recognized. CS4 then becomes
        > totally unresponsive because the script is waiting for a response, and
        > for its own window to close. I have to "end task" CS4 to get out of it.

        Perhaps it would be best to contact Eric Gerds directly. The email is on
        his page (bottom): http://www.pinlady.net/vr/

      • Gerald Lodron
        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 1, 2009
          Thats interesting. But can you compare two lenses with different aperture values? Vary both apertures to the same same value and make the test again, that would be very interesting.

          ________________________________
          Message 4 of 18 , Apr 1, 2009
            I already contacted him and he wrote that he does not support ptshift any more because he had no time. He said that he is not wondering that it does not work in CS4.

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 18 , Apr 1, 2009
              Gerald Lodron wrote:

              > I already contacted him and he wrote that he does not support ptshift
              > any more because he had no time. He said that he is not wondering that
              > it does not work in CS4.

              Too bad. But you have the source code. With a bit of Javascript
              knowledge it can be understood. Eric usually comments very good. And
              there should be some reading how to migrate PS Javascripts from earlier
              versions. I don't have CS4 (and it doesn't run on my machine), hence I
              can't be of any help...