Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: command line raw conversion with chromatic

  • Roger Howard
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 31, 2009
      On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 20:42:55 +0200, Erik Krause <erik.krause@...> wrote:
      > Erik Krause wrote:
      >
      >> And there is a way to determine the dcraw parameters by using
      >> tca_correct from the hugin package. But I don't remember where it was
      >> described...
      >
      > ...just discovered a brand new wiki page on that:
      > http://wiki.panotools.org/Tca_correct

      Interesting - any idea if these values can be used (as-is or converted) in
      Adobe Camera RAW/Lightroom's CA correction?
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 31, 2009
        Roger Howard wrote:

        > > ...just discovered a brand new wiki page on that:
        > > http://wiki.panotools.org/Tca_correct
        >
        > Interesting - any idea if these values can be used (as-is or converted) in
        > Adobe Camera RAW/Lightroom's CA correction?

        Possibly. Create an artificial image with a black and white grid. Feed
        it to ACR (apparently newer versions than mine can load TIFF files, too)
        and pull CA sliders to the extreme. Save images and treat them with
        tca_correct. See, whether it achieves a good correction with fulla. You
        should be able to determine a conversion factor between tca_correct and
        ACR values this way...