Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Custom build panorama camera

  • Luca N Vascon
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 31, 2009
      THANX!
      It was the result of one year of mad tests...
      IF you use it with a Nikon (or other 1.5x at least) the overlap is
      enough to ensure a very, very good stitching.
      You can expect some errors and some discontinuity, but if you optimize
      also POINT OF VIEW (Ptgui pro 8.0) and use smartblend you can say that
      those error are minimized.
      You can also (after a proper renaming of folder) have a batch building
      (not levelling!) of all panos made that day.
      No control points nor optimization required.
      I think once you forget nadir perfection and you let some stitching
      errors go, you can use the thing within a 6 mts tolerance, going down to
      4 with wise orientation of the 3 cameras, smartblend and POV optimizing.
      No miracles, but some nice result!
      Would like to try with 3 shaved 10.5 on 5d or D700...