command line raw conversion with chromatic aberration correction

  • Jeffrey Martin
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 30, 2009
      AFAIK both ptgui and autopano pro use dcraw to read/convert raw files.

      this is ok except there is no TCA correction.

      is there any command line tool for converting raw files including TCA
      correction?

      or, the other way is to do this in hugin, and correct the TCA during
      stitching, i guess?

    • Bruno Postle
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 30, 2009
        On Mon 30-Mar-2009 at 18:48 +0200, Jeffrey Martin wrote:
        >AFAIK both ptgui and autopano pro use dcraw to read/convert raw files.
        >
        >this is ok except there is no TCA correction.

        Yes there is, the dcraw -C parameter will scale the red and blue
        channels when demosaicing, this should be good enough.

        >or, the other way is to do this in hugin, and correct the TCA during
        >stitching, i guess?

        Not yet, you currently have to correct tca with the 'fulla' tool as
        a separate step.

        --
        Bruno
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 30, 2009
          Bruno Postle wrote:

          > Yes there is, the dcraw -C parameter will scale the red and blue
          > channels when demosaicing, this should be good enough.

          And there is a way to determine the dcraw parameters by using
          tca_correct from the hugin package. But I don't remember where it was
          described...

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 31, 2009
            Erik Krause wrote:

            > And there is a way to determine the dcraw parameters by using
            > tca_correct from the hugin package. But I don't remember where it was
            > described...

            ...just discovered a brand new wiki page on that:
            http://wiki.panotools.org/Tca_correct

          • Roger Howard
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 31, 2009
              On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 20:42:55 +0200, Erik Krause <erik.krause@...> wrote:
              > Erik Krause wrote:
              >
              >> And there is a way to determine the dcraw parameters by using
              >> tca_correct from the hugin package. But I don't remember where it was
              >> described...
              >
              > ...just discovered a brand new wiki page on that:
              > http://wiki.panotools.org/Tca_correct

              Interesting - any idea if these values can be used (as-is or converted) in
              Adobe Camera RAW/Lightroom's CA correction?
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 31, 2009
                Roger Howard wrote:

                > > ...just discovered a brand new wiki page on that:
                > > http://wiki.panotools.org/Tca_correct
                >
                > Interesting - any idea if these values can be used (as-is or converted) in
                > Adobe Camera RAW/Lightroom's CA correction?

                Possibly. Create an artificial image with a black and white grid. Feed
                it to ACR (apparently newer versions than mine can load TIFF files, too)
                and pull CA sliders to the extreme. Save images and treat them with
                tca_correct. See, whether it achieves a good correction with fulla. You
                should be able to determine a conversion factor between tca_correct and
                ACR values this way...