Re: State of the Art, presentation?

  • lybarrondo
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 29, 2009
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "panobanano" <ronrack@...> wrote:

      > > My take on the players:
      > >
      > > FPP - great, works for all except the gigapixel support and at times seems to be a lost interest by the developer.
      > >
      > > KRPano - great, gigapixel, but no video, no before and after, lots of time spent on frilly (worthless to me) viewer fluff.
      > >
      > > Pano2VR - great, easy to use, great support, but no video, no before and after and no gigapixel anytime soon.
      > >
      > > Others?
      >
      > Don't forget SpinControl over at Panosalado.com The demo version currently available doesn't have these features but the basic and pro version supposedly will have all these features. When will they be ready though? Who Knows.
      >
      > Sincerely
      > Ron
      > rackphoto.com

      There is also Tourweaver by EasyPano. The image quality is poor, but the ability to build an interactive interface without coding is strong. Biggest issue for me is that due to the way in which the VT is packaged, there is a limit to the size and mdeia content that can be built. There are also bugs with full screen controls that they just refuse to acknowledge. Their tech support is responsive, but ineffectual. (BTW - You can get it cheaper through the folks that sell Nodal Ninja.)

      I am playing with PanoSalado, but the current lack of documentation and guidance makes it difficult for someone like me that hasn't coded anything for years. I find myself digging through ActionScript books to accomplish the trivial.

      R,

      Loren
      visualconstruction.com