Re: Mini fisheye camera -- Gocam Hero Wide

  • panovrx
    Message 1 of 30 , Mar 28, 2009
      Here is another camera -- the Aiptek A-HD -- that shoots 720p video, and 5M stills on a CMOS chip that can be modified easily to take M12 (and with a custom adapter ring C-mount) lenses, including fisheye
      http://forums.steves-digicams.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=594685&forum_id=92
      Its video quality at least looks a lot better than the GoPro .. but it is a much bigger camera.

      btw with the GoPro faster SD cards give much faster continuous mode "2fps" than slower ones

      As these little web video cameras emerge, like the Sony Webbie, and the Aiptek, I think they will all, even the cheapest ones, start to use optical zoom, autofocusing lenses ... rather than simpler, fixed focal length, removable ones .. the newest Aiptek is not lens hackable I think

      Peter M