ski resorts

  • Ignacio Ferrando Margelí
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 27, 2009
      Hi,

      this winter a lot of snow have fall on the spanish mountains and I
      have been hired to do some panos (thats a cool job!!!)

      http://www.abaco-digital.es/clientes/aramon/formigal/

      http://www.abaco-digital.es/clientes/aramon/cerler/

      http://www.abaco-digital.es/clientes/todonieve

      http://www.abaco-digital.es/clientes/astun/

      http://www.abaco-digital.es/clientes/aramon/teruel/

      regards

      Ignacio Ferrando

    • Ken Warner
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 27, 2009
        Nice job. Question: when you do a composite shot where you
        see the same guy in several different spots in the pano,
        do you take one around for the background and then track
        the guy when he jumps and then put them together or
        do you take the background from the tracked shots?

        Ignacio Ferrando Margelí wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > this winter a lot of snow have fall on the spanish mountains and I
        > have been hired to do some panos (thats a cool job!!!)
        >
        > http://www.abaco-digital.es/clientes/aramon/formigal/
        >
        > http://www.abaco-digital.es/clientes/aramon/cerler/
        >
        > http://www.abaco-digital.es/clientes/todonieve
        >

        > http://www.abaco-digital.es/clientes/astun/
        >
        > http://www.abaco-digital.es/clientes/aramon/teruel/
        >

        > regards
        >

        > Ignacio Ferrando

      • Sacha Griffin
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 27, 2009
          Very nice!

          But why does the mouse wheel only work in fullscreen in firefox and fine in
          ie?

          Sacha Griffin

          Southern Digital Solutions LLC

          http://www.southern-digital.com

          http://www.seeit360.net

          GMAIL IM: sachagriffin007@...

          404-551-4275

          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 27, 2009
            I toke first the background and the merge the shots of the guy...

            El 28/03/2009, a las 0:55, Ken Warner escribió:

            > Nice job. Question: when you do a composite shot where you
            > see the same guy in several different spots in the pano,
            > do you take one around for the background and then track
            > the guy when he jumps and then put them together or
            > do you take the background from the tracked shots?
            >

            > oderators/List Admins: PanoToolsNG-owner@yahoogroups.com
            > MARKETPLACE
            > I make $350/day online. That's over $10,000/mo! Check out how I do
            > it: WealthResource.org.
            > From kitchen basics to easy recipes - join the Group from Kraft Foods

            > Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch
            > format to Traditional
            > RECENT ACTIVITY
            > 6
            > New Members
            > Visit Your Group
            > Yahoo! Groups
            > Auto Enthusiast Zone
            > Auto Enthusiast Zone
            > Car groups and more!
            > Weight Management Group
            > on Yahoo! Groups
            > Join the challenge
            > and lose weight.
            > Group Charity
            > Be the Change
            > A citizen movement
            > to change the world
            > .

          • AYRTON
            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 27, 2009
              2009/3/27 Ignacio Ferrando Margelí <fotografia@...>

              > I toke first the background and the merge the shots of the guy...

              Ignacio
              first of all thanks for sharing
              They are beautifull as always.
              Coming from you it is not a surprise :-)

              back to way you did, wouldn't be easier to just shoot everything together
              multiple times ....
              like I did here with Gisele Bündchen at a Fashion Show :

              <http://ayrton.com/360/archives/14>

              Abraços
              AYRTON

              > El 28/03/2009, a las 0:55, Ken Warner escribió:
              >
              > > Nice job. Question: when you do a composite shot where you
              > > see the same guy in several different spots in the pano,
              > > do you take one around for the background and then track
              > > the guy when he jumps and then put them together or
              > > do you take the background from the tracked shots?
              > >

              > > oderators/List Admins: PanoToolsNG-owner@yahoogroups.com
              > > MARKETPLACE
              > > I make $350/day online. That's over $10,000/mo! Check out how I do
              > > it: WealthResource.org.
              > > From kitchen basics to easy recipes - join the Group from Kraft Foods
              > >
              > > Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
              > > Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch
              > > format to Traditional
              > > Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe
              > > RECENT ACTIVITY
              > > 6
              > > New Members
              > > Visit Your Group
              > > Yahoo! Groups
              > > Auto Enthusiast Zone
              > > Auto Enthusiast Zone
              > > Car groups and more!
              > > Weight Management Group
              > > on Yahoo! Groups
              > > Join the challenge
              > > and lose weight.
              > > Group Charity
              > > Be the Change
              > > A citizen movement
              > > to change the world
              > > .

              ------------
              | A Y R |
              | T O N |
              ------------

              + 55 21 9982 6313

              http://ayrton360.com
              http://rio.360cities.net
              http://vrfolio.com
              http://ayrton.com

            • Peter Nyfeler
              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 28, 2009
                Hi all

                @Ignacio

                Really nice shots. I feel comfortable with this scenes with a lot of
                snow ;-)

                AYRTON schrieb:
                > 2009/3/27 Ignacio Ferrando Margelí <fotografia@...>
                >

                >> I toke first the background and the merge the shots of the guy...
                >>

                > back to way you did, wouldn't be easier to just shoot everything together
                > multiple times ....
                > like I did here with Gisele Bündchen at a Fashion Show :
                >
                > <http://ayrton.com/360/archives/14>
                >
                > Abraços
                > AYRTON

                @Ayrton

                I think the tasks for shooting the panorama are a bit different.

                With a snowboarder the "action" is really fast and linear in one
                direction. To fast
                to look true viewfinder. With a fisheye lens it needs some training to
                estimate the
                movement and position of the boarder in relation to the lens.

                For assembling the panorama I think it is a bit faster to shoot from a
                tripod always
                from the exact same position. The only thing that moves is the
                snowboarder. The
                background is "fixed". So first the background and then the "moving parts".
                It is a real time saver when shot in the NPP. Positioning the additional
                shots
                in the panorama is almost automatic. The most time consuming part will then
                be in Photoshop to blend in the different stages when they overlap.

                In your panorama the movement of Gisele is much slower and in changing
                directions.
                The Background is moving (people) und as I can see yout shot the
                panorama from
                a monopod. Much more work for a good result.

                The earliest panos I saw with this sequences were from Mathias Taugwalder,
                Tristan Shu and Werner Weber.

                I made similar panoramas during the O'Neill event last year here in
                Davos Switzerland
                together with Werner Weber and we brought our equipment and ourselve to
                their limits
                (High iso and temperatur) :-))

                http://www.panoramajournal.ch/sport/snowboardfreeski/oneillevolutiondavos/index.html

                Best regards

                Peter
              • Ignacio Ferrando Margelí
                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 28, 2009
                  Hi Ayrton,

                  it's different, in the photo of the snowboard jumper, the movement
                  is really fast and the way to do is to shot with camera horizontal so
                  you can capture all teh movement without move the camera...

                  in your photo the models walk and the movement is slower (and much
                  prettiest)))....

                  regards

                  El 28/03/2009, a las 1:34, AYRTON escribió:

                  > 2009/3/27 Ignacio Ferrando Margelí <fotografia@...>
                  >
                  > > I toke first the background and the merge the shots of the guy...
                  >
                  > Ignacio
                  > first of all thanks for sharing
                  > They are beautifull as always.
                  > Coming from you it is not a surprise :-)
                  >
                  > back to way you did, wouldn't be easier to just shoot everything
                  > together
                  > multiple times ....
                  > like I did here with Gisele Bündchen at a Fashion Show :
                  >
                  > <http://ayrton.com/360/archives/14>
                  >
                  > Abraços
                  > AYRTON

                  Ignacio Ferrando Margelí

                  Abaco Digital

                  http://www.abaco-digital.com

                • Henri Smeets
                  Message 8 of 16 , Mar 28, 2009
                    Wow, I just can't get enough of these winter-mountain panos. Living in the
                    Netherlands I only spend time in the mountains for skiing and climbing about
                    three weeks a year always having to come back home wanting to return as soon
                    as possible!

                    http://www.c360.nl/montepana2009/ Have a look at my 4 pole panorama's made
                    in the Italian Dolomites in the skiing resort Val Gardena.
                  • Henri Smeets

                      Message 10 of 16 , Mar 31, 2009
                        Thanks,

                        I just finished the last panos of this work, and I had a lot of
                        problems to finish it, there is some troubles on these:

                        http://www.abaco-digital.es/clientes/aramon/panticosa

                        All on the pano was moving, the cabin was turning and a lot of
                        people goes out of it, so I did a lot o shoots to be sure that the
                        stitch will be fine....

                        but this made a new problem, from the first photo to the photo of the
                        floor 10min passed and the shadows moved... I have worked 8 h to make
                        the nadir...

                        so , be careful with shadows when the floor is not easy to correct

                        regards

                        El 29/03/2009, a las 0:58, Henri Smeets escribió:

                        > Wow great panos, love the resolution! I just can't get enough of these
                        > winter-mountain panos. Living in the Netherlands I only spend time
                        > in the
                        > mountains for skiing and climbing about three weeks a year always
                        > having to
                        > come back home wanting to return as soon as possible!
                        >
                        > http://www.c360.nl/montepana2009/ Have a look at my 4 pole
                        > panorama's made
                        > in the Italian Dolomites in the skiing resort Val Gardena.
                        >
                        > _

                        Ignacio Ferrando Margelí

                        Abaco Digital

                        http://www.abaco-digital.com

                      • Keith Martin
                        Message 11 of 16 , Mar 31, 2009
                          Sometime around 31/3/09 (at 11:11 +0200) Ignacio Ferrando Margelí said:

                          >but this made a new problem, from the first photo to the photo of the
                          >floor 10min passed and the shadows moved... I have worked 8 h to make
                          >the nadir...

                          Exceptional work Ignacio! Really impressive. *Especially* given the challenges.

                        • Sacha Griffin
                          Message 12 of 16 , Mar 31, 2009
                            Beautiful range and a perfect stitch “except for the contrails J” I assume
                            this was bracketed. Do you have any tips for keeping the whites white as in
                            your snow? Or did you use a full on photomatix-like program?

                            Sacha Griffin

                            Southern Digital Solutions LLC

                            http://www.southern-digital.com

                            http://www.seeit360.net

                            GMAIL IM: sachagriffin007@...

                            404-551-4275

                            I just finished the last panos of this work, and I had a lot of
                            problems to finish it, there is some troubles on these:

                            http://www.abaco-digital.es/clientes/aramon/panticosa

                            All on the pano was moving, the cabin was turning and a lot of
                            people goes out of it, so I did a lot o shoots to be sure that the
                            stitch will be fine....

                            but this made a new problem, from the first photo to the photo of the
                            floor 10min passed and the shadows moved... I have worked 8 h to make
                            the nadir...

                            so , be careful with shadows when the floor is not easy to correct

                            regards

                            .

                            d=27967/stime=1238490706/nc1=1/nc2=2/nc3=3>

                          • AYRTON
                            Message 13 of 16 , Mar 31, 2009
                              Ignacio,once again
                              BEAUTIFULL
                              congratulations my friend !

                              PS: on Safari and on Firefox , MAC OS 10.5.6
                              the fullscreen button does not work !

                              cheers
                              AYRTON

                              2009/3/31 Ignacio Ferrando Margelí <fotografia@...>

                              > Thanks,
                              >

                              > I just finished the last panos of this work, and I had a lot of
                              > problems to finish it, there is some troubles on these:
                              >

                              > http://www.abaco-digital.es/clientes/aramon/panticosa
                              >

                              > All on the pano was moving, the cabin was turning and a lot of
                              > people goes out of it, so I did a lot o shoots to be sure that the
                              > stitch will be fine....
                              >
                              > but this made a new problem, from the first photo to the photo of the
                              > floor 10min passed and the shadows moved... I have worked 8 h to make
                              > the nadir...
                              >
                              > so , be careful with shadows when the floor is not easy to correct
                              >

                              > regards
                              >

                              > El 29/03/2009, a las 0:58, Henri Smeets escribió:
                              >

                              > > Wow great panos, love the resolution! I just can't get enough of these
                              > > winter-mountain panos. Living in the Netherlands I only spend time
                              > > in the
                              > > mountains for skiing and climbing about three weeks a year always
                              > > having to
                              > > come back home wanting to return as soon as possible!
                              > >
                              > > http://www.c360.nl/montepana2009/ Have a look at my 4 pole
                              > > panorama's made
                              > > in the Italian Dolomites in the skiing resort Val Gardena.
                              > > --
                              > >
                              > > _

                              > Ignacio Ferrando Margelí
                              >
                              > Abaco Digital
                              >
                              > http://www.abaco-digital.com

                              ------------
                              | A Y R |
                              | T O N |
                              ------------

                              + 55 21 9982 6313

                              http://ayrton360.com
                              http://rio.360cities.net
                              http://vrfolio.com
                              http://ayrton.com

                            • Hans Nyberg
                              Message 14 of 16 , Mar 31, 2009

                                > Ignacio,once again
                                > BEAUTIFULL
                                > congratulations my friend !
                                >
                                > PS: on Safari and on Firefox , MAC OS 10.5.6
                                > the fullscreen button does not work !

                                It's because there is no allowfullscreen param in the HTML embed tags.

                                There is also a weird detection saynig "swfversion" value="9.9.9.9"

                                I assume it means that you need flash 10 but thats stupid as Flash 9 works fine also with the last flash 10 updated FPP.

                                Hans
                              • Ignacio Ferrando Margelí
                                Message 15 of 16 , Mar 31, 2009
                                  Sorry...

                                  I have done a lot of minisites to show my work to the customer and I
                                  drop an bad index.html

                                  it's fix now..

                                  thank you Hans

                                  El 31/03/2009, a las 15:59, Hans Nyberg escribió:

                                  > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Ignacio,once again
                                  > > BEAUTIFULL
                                  > > congratulations my friend !
                                  > >
                                  > > PS: on Safari and on Firefox , MAC OS 10.5.6
                                  > > the fullscreen button does not work !
                                  >
                                  > It's because there is no allowfullscreen param in the HTML embed tags.
                                  >
                                  > There is also a weird detection saynig "swfversion" value="9.9.9.9"
                                  >
                                  > I assume it means that you need flash 10 but thats stupid as Flash 9
                                  > works fine also with the last flash 10 updated FPP.
                                  >
                                  > Hans

                                  Ignacio Ferrando Margelí

                                  Abaco Digital

                                  http://www.abaco-digital.com

                                • Ignacio Ferrando Margelí
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Mar 31, 2009
                                    I did 2 different exposures. I used PTGUI to made 2 different panos
                                    and the use layers in PS to merge only the areas that I want

                                    I normally don't like the feel of the Auto HDR photos....

                                    for the snow is a question of chosse the good exposure to avoid it
                                    grey....

                                    regards

                                    El 31/03/2009, a las 13:55, Sacha Griffin escribi�:

                                    > Beautiful range and a perfect stitch �except for the contrails J� I
                                    > assume
                                    > this was bracketed. Do you have any tips for keeping the whites
                                    > white as in
                                    > your snow? Or did you use a full on photomatix-like program?
                                    >
                                    > Sacha Griffin
                                    >
                                    > Southern Digital Solutions LLC
                                    >
                                    > http://www.southern-digital.com
                                    >
                                    > http://www.seeit360.net