Re: [PanoToolsNG] Panorama hardware setup

  • Bjørn K Nilssen
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 24, 2009
      On 24 Mar 2009 at 12:19, Blake Michaelson wrote:

      > With the kit lens you are stitching together about 36+ images... makes for
      > an overall larger image than when stitching about 6 with the peleng - I've
      > only made a couple with the kit lens, but I was impressed with the clarity
      > and sharpness (and that was using a panosaurus), but it was so laborious
      > that I finally purchased a peleng. The peleng is still pretty darn good,
      > but if you have the kit lens you can make panos without having to invest in
      > a fisheye - it just takes a bit more work!

      It quickly becomes more of an issue if you're interested in HDR panoramas ;)
      Shooting 36+ x 9 exposures for a full HDR pano isn't very fun, but 4+ x 9 exp is more
      doable, and quite a different story.
      BTW, it's not that fun having to shoot 36+ for each pano if you have to make to lot of
      pnline panos from a site either. But you do get very big panos...