[OT] JPG to SWF

  • AYRTON
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 23, 2009
      Hi all,
      Does anyone knows about any MAC software that can do this as easy and fast
      as possible ?
      Thanks

      ------------
      | A Y R |
      | T O N |
      ------------

      + 55 21 9982 6313

      http://ayrton360.com
      http://rio.360cities.net
      http://vrfolio.com
      http://ayrton.com

    • Roger Howard
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 23, 2009
        On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 14:03:02 -0300, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:
        > Hi all,
        > Does anyone knows about any MAC software that can do this as easy and
        fast
        > as possible ?

        What exactly are you trying to do? Does the SWF need any functionality, or
        just a JPEG on frame 1?

        If I just wanted to wrap a bunch of JPEGs into SWF containers, I'd probably
        use OpenLaszlo - though even easier would be the jpeg2swf tool that's part
        of SWFTools - an open source SWF library. It's command line, though, and I
        don't know if that's your kinda thing.

        -R
      • Steve Pendleton
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 23, 2009

          > Hi all,
          > Does anyone knows about any MAC software that can do this as easy and fast
          > as possible ?
          > Thanks

          AYRTON,

          Try "image2swf" at Vertical Moon

          <http://www.verticalmoon.com/products/image2swf/image2swf.htm>

          Cheers,

          Steve

          http://sp-images.co.uk
        • Harry van der Wolf
          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 23, 2009
            You can try the online <http://www.metasphere.net/web_tools/21.html>

            Harry

            2009/3/23 Steve Pendleton <stevependleton@...>

            > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com <PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>,
            > AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi all,
            > > Does anyone knows about any MAC software that can do this as easy and
            > fast
            > > as possible ?
            > > Thanks
            >
            > AYRTON,
            >
            > Try "image2swf" at Vertical Moon
            >
            > <http://www.verticalmoon.com/products/image2swf/image2swf.htm>
            >
            > Cheers,
            >
            > Steve
            >
            > http://sp-images.co.uk

          • AYRTON
            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 23, 2009
              On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 4:04 PM, Harry van der Wolf <hvdwolf@...>wrote:

              > You can try the online <http://www.metasphere.net/web_tools/21.html>

              Thank you my friend
              but it is not working anymore
              it gives an error on the server

              best
              AYRTON

              > Harry
              >
              > 2009/3/23 Steve Pendleton <stevependleton@...>
              >
              > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com <PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>,
              > > AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Hi all,
              > > > Does anyone knows about any MAC software that can do this as easy and
              > > fast
              > > > as possible ?
              > > > Thanks
              > >
              > > AYRTON,
              > >
              > > Try "image2swf" at Vertical Moon
              > >
              > > <http://www.verticalmoon.com/products/image2swf/image2swf.htm>
              > >
              > > Cheers,
              > >
              > > Steve
              > >
              > > http://sp-images.co.uk

              ------------
              | A Y R |
              | T O N |
              ------------

              + 55 21 9982 6313

              http://ayrton360.com
              http://rio.360cities.net
              http://vrfolio.com
              http://ayrton.com

            • Alex-RR
              Message 6 of 17 , Mar 23, 2009
                A great tool (but for PC only) is an app called Super ©
                Converts almost anything!
                Alex

                AYRTON wrote:

                > On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 4:04 PM, Harry van der Wolf <hvdwolf@gmail.
                > com <mailto:hvdwolf%40gmail.com>>wrote:
                >
                > > You can try the online <http://www.metasphe re.net/web_ tools/21.
                > html <http://www.metasphere.net/web_tools/21.html>>
                >
                > Thank you my friend
                > but it is not working anymore
                > it gives an error on the server
                >
                > best
                > AYRTON
                >

                > > Harry
                > >
                > > 2009/3/23 Steve Pendleton <stevependleton@ mac.com
                > <mailto:stevependleton%40mac.com>>
                > >
                > > > --- In PanoToolsNG@ yahoogroups. com
                > <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com> <PanoToolsNG% 40yahoogroups. com>,

                > easy and
                > > > fast
                > > >
                > > > AYRTON,
                > > >
                > > > Try "image2swf" at Vertical Moon
                > > >
                > > > <http://www.vertical moon.com/ products/ image2swf/ image2swf. htm
                > <http://www.verticalmoon.com/products/image2swf/image2swf.htm>>
                > > >
                > > > Cheers,
                > > >
                > > > Steve
                > > >
                > > > http://sp-images. co.uk <http://sp-images.co.uk>

                > > --
                > >

                > --
                > ------------
                > | A Y R |
                > | T O N |
                > ------------
                >
                > + 55 21 9982 6313
                >
                > http://ayrton360. com <http://ayrton360.com>
                > http://rio.360citie s.net <http://rio.360cities.net>
                > http://vrfolio. com <http://vrfolio.com>
                > http://ayrton. com <http://ayrton.com>

              • Harry van der Wolf
                Message 7 of 17 , Mar 23, 2009
                  2009/3/23 Roger Howard <rogerhoward@...>

                  > - though even easier would be the jpeg2swf tool that's part
                  > of SWFTools - an open source SWF library. It's command line, though, and I
                  > don't know if that's your kinda thing.

                  Thanks for this info, Roger. I just compiled swftools (on Mac) and it works
                  just fine. I was not top of my list but I was looking for this sort of
                  tooling for quite some time.

                  Harry

                • Roger Howard
                  Message 8 of 17 , Mar 23, 2009
                    On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 21:32:14 +0100, Harry van der Wolf <hvdwolf@...>
                    wrote:
                    > 2009/3/23 Roger Howard <rogerhoward@...>
                    >
                    >> - though even easier would be the jpeg2swf tool that's part
                    >> of SWFTools - an open source SWF library. It's command line, though, and
                    >> don't know if that's your kinda thing.
                    >>

                    > Thanks for this info, Roger. I just compiled swftools (on Mac) and it
                    works
                    > just fine. I was not top of my list but I was looking for this sort of
                    > tooling for quite some time.

                    I mentioned OpenLaszlo too - that's a great tool too, if you're looking to
                    programatically generate SWFs. It's got an XML-based layout language and a
                    command line compiler, makes it very easy to mass-generate SWF content.

                    Depending on need, I would also recommend the Flex SDK for this stuff - the
                    big problem with Flex (and why I didn't mention it before) is that even the
                    most basic part of the framework needed to compile a SWF is pretty big...
                    last time I cared to check, I think the smallest I could compile a SWF (a
                    simple "Hello World") using the Flex compiler was a few hundred KB, because
                    even the simplest Flex SWFs link in a pretty big base framework. You can
                    externalize the Flex frameworks, so that they are only loaded once (and not
                    in every SWF) but they still have to be loaded sometime.
                  • Eduardo Hutter
                    Message 9 of 17 , Mar 23, 2009
                      (Sorry if this is double-posted)

                      Alex, do you actually have it installed on your computer? Sorry but I'm
                      asking because the website has a bit of a *scam* smell. It spams the
                      page with links to a supposed download leading to other pages - inside
                      the same site - also stressing the word download thus all Google ads
                      that I saw had a download button. The guy must be doing a small fortune
                      over misled clicks.

                      It took like 5+ min going back and forward to find the real link, just
                      to, surprise!, see an *.exe on the other side! No way!

                      * Alex-RR wrote, On 23/03/2009 5:20 PM:

                      > A great tool (but for PC only) is an app called Super © Converts
                      > almost anything! Alex
                    • Eduardo Hutter
                      Message 10 of 17 , Mar 23, 2009

                        > A great tool (but for PC only) is an app called Super ©
                        > Converts almost anything!
                        > Alex

                        Alex, do you actually have it installed on your computer? Sorry but I'm asking because the website has a bit of a *scam* smell. It spams the page with links to a suposed download leading to other pages - inside the same site - also stressing the word download thus all google ads that I saw had a download button. The guy must be doing a small fortune over misled clicks.

                        It took like 5+ min going back and forward to find the real link, just to, surprise!, see an *.exe on the other side! No way!
                      • Geoff Mather
                        Message 11 of 17 , Mar 24, 2009
                          The link that does lead to the correct download is http://www.erightsoft.biz/GetFile.php?SUPERsetup.exe
                          the product seems to work very well for video conversion, for which I use it quite a bit. Just tried it for converting a single image and yes it will create a video of just that single frame repeated as one would expect.
                        • Alex-RR
                          Message 12 of 17 , Mar 24, 2009
                            Yes, I do recall I had to dig a bit through the pages to find the
                            downloadable bit.
                            I have used the program to convert short avi files from a camera to
                            animated gifs. Works very well.
                            Once you actually find the program it scans clean with Avira AV so I had
                            no problem with actually using it.
                            Good luck.
                            Alex

                            Eduardo Hutter wrote:

                            > (Sorry if this is double-posted)
                            >
                            > Alex, do you actually have it installed on your computer? Sorry but I'm
                            > asking because the website has a bit of a *scam* smell. It spams the
                            > page with links to a supposed download leading to other pages - inside
                            > the same site - also stressing the word download thus all Google ads
                            > that I saw had a download button. The guy must be doing a small fortune
                            > over misled clicks.
                            >
                            > It took like 5+ min going back and forward to find the real link, just
                            > to, surprise!, see an *.exe on the other side! No way!
                            >
                            > * Alex-RR wrote, On 23/03/2009 5:20 PM:
                            > >
                            > > A great tool (but for PC only) is an app called Super © Converts
                            > > almost anything! Alex

                          • Bjørn K Nilssen
                            Message 13 of 17 , Mar 24, 2009
                              On 24 Mar 2009 at 10:48, Alex-RR wrote:

                              > Yes, I do recall I had to dig a bit through the pages to find the
                              > downloadable bit.
                              > I have used the program to convert short avi files from a camera to
                              > animated gifs. Works very well.
                              > Once you actually find the program it scans clean with Avira AV so I had
                              > no problem with actually using it.
                              > Good luck.
                              > Alex

                              It is a great program that can read and write most video/audio formats.
                              A bit strange GUI both in the program and on its web pages though ;)
                              And the name makes it a bit hard to find/search for.

                            • Eduardo Hutter
                              Message 14 of 17 , Mar 24, 2009
                                Ok, I'm more confident about it now and will take a look at it (the bad
                                feeling about the way they handle the user to click on ads though...).

                                Thanks :)

                                Eduardo

                                Message 15 of 17 , Mar 24, 2009
                                  On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 11:06 AM, Geoff Mather <yahoo@...> wrote:

                                  > The link that does lead to the correct download is
                                  > http://www.erightsoft.biz/GetFile.php?SUPERsetup.exe
                                  > the product seems to work very well for video conversion, for which I use
                                  > it quite a bit. Just tried it for converting a single image and yes it will
                                  > create a video of just that single frame repeated as one would expect.

                                  Thanks my friend, but it is only for win
                                  I'm a MAC

                                  best
                                  AYRTON

                                  ------------
                                  | A Y R |
                                  | T O N |
                                  ------------

                                  + 55 21 9982 6313

                                  http://ayrton360.com
                                  http://rio.360cities.net
                                  http://vrfolio.com
                                  http://ayrton.com

                                • Harry van der Wolf
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Mar 25, 2009
                                    Ayrton,

                                    (I'm on Mac, just like you ;-) )

                                    As Roger Howard mentioned, you can use the open-source commandline swftools
                                    http://www.swftools.org/ package. You can install it from Fink or Macports).
                                    I did that and I like it, but it's quite basic.
                                    A ready available commercial package is img2swf. It's for OSx and "that
                                    other" OS.
                                    http://www.image2swf.com/

                                    I have no experience with it (I think I just google better than you do ;-)
                                    )

                                    Hoi,
                                    Harry

                                    2009/3/24 AYRTON <avi@...>

                                    > On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 11:06 AM, Geoff Mather <yahoo@...<yahoo%40g8dhe.com>>
                                    > wrote:
                                    >
                                    > > The link that does lead to the correct download is
                                    > > http://www.erightsoft.biz/GetFile.php?SUPERsetup.exe
                                    > > the product seems to work very well for video conversion, for which I use
                                    > > it quite a bit. Just tried it for converting a single image and yes it
                                    > will
                                    > > create a video of just that single frame repeated as one would expect.
                                    >
                                    > Thanks my friend, but it is only for win
                                    > I'm a MAC
                                    >
                                    > best
                                    > AYRTON
                                    >

                                    > > ------------------------------------
                                    > >
                                    > > --
                                    > >

                                    > --
                                    > ------------
                                    > | A Y R |
                                    > | T O N |
                                    > ------------
                                    >
                                    > + 55 21 9982 6313
                                    >
                                    > http://ayrton360.com
                                    > http://rio.360cities.net
                                    > http://vrfolio.com
                                    > http://ayrton.com

                                  • AYRTON
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Mar 25, 2009
                                      On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 5:59 AM, Harry van der Wolf <hvdwolf@...>wrote:

                                      > Ayrton,
                                      >
                                      > (I'm on Mac, just like you ;-) )

                                      Good :-)

                                      > As Roger Howard mentioned, you can use the open-source commandline swftools
                                      > http://www.swftools.org/ package. You can install it from Fink or
                                      > Macports).
                                      > I did that and I like it, but it's quite basic.

                                      I'm not sure if I brain expert enough for command lines :-)
                                      But I thank Roger howard for the info.

                                      > A ready available commercial package is img2swf. It's for OSx and "that
                                      > other" OS.
                                      > http://www.image2swf.com/

                                      Yeah, GREAT, I just downloaded it and I'm giving it a try

                                      THANKS a lot Harry

                                      best
                                      AYRTON

                                      > <http://www.image2swf.com/>
                                      >
                                      > I have no experience with it (I think I just google better than you do ;-)
                                      > )
                                      >

                                      > Hoi,
                                      > Harry
                                      >
                                      > 2009/3/24 AYRTON <avi@...>
                                      >
                                      > > On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 11:06 AM, Geoff Mather <yahoo@...
                                      > <yahoo%40g8dhe.com>>
                                      > > wrote:
                                      > >
                                      > > > The link that does lead to the correct download is
                                      > > > http://www.erightsoft.biz/GetFile.php?SUPERsetup.exe
                                      > > > the product seems to work very well for video conversion, for which I
                                      > use
                                      > > > it quite a bit. Just tried it for converting a single image and yes it
                                      > > will
                                      > > > create a video of just that single frame repeated as one would expect.
                                      > >
                                      > > Thanks my friend, but it is only for win
                                      > > I'm a MAC
                                      > >
                                      > > best
                                      > > AYRTON
                                      > >

                                      > > > ------------------------------------