[PanoToolsNG] Re: A while back, there was some talk about how disk speed was important

  • Keith Martin
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 21, 2009
      >Time 23 sec for the USB and 10 sec for the Firewire.
      >
      >Needless to say I never buy an USB external disc again.

      Exactly my point. Because of the underlying architecture of how USB
      works it can't come as close to its theoretical maximum speed as
      Firewire can with *its* theoretical maximum.

      However, even if USB 3.0 only managed one fifth of its predicted
      theoretical speed of 5Gbps it would be seriously interesting for
      high-performance requirements.