Unity3d for panoramas

  • panovrx
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 18, 2009
      Unity3d, the authoring environment,the much anticipated Windows version (there already was a Mac version) was released today
      http://unity3d.com/
      There is a very robust web player for this and I think it could be an excellent alternative for the showing the sort of animated panoramas that Shockwave has been used for.
      On the forums there they mention the capabality for streaming videos into Unity3d worlds as textures which means I think it could be used for creating a hardware accelerated panoramic video web player -- (as well as eg. augmented reality applications).

      Peter Murphy