Re: 1st post - align 2 photos (not pano) a century apart?

  • Jeffrey Martin
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2009
      > The old photo is taken with a shift lens, to align this with the new
      > photo you need to optimise the vertical shift 'e' parameters.
      >
      > General advice with lining up old photos is they are almost always
      > cropped, i.e. the optical centre isn't in the middle of the image.
      > So it is probably a good idea to optimise the horizontal shift 'd'
      > parameter too.

       thanks for the nice advice Bruno. I was wondering about such stuff
      myself for a long time. I still haven't tried it a single time - I'm
      always on the lookout for actual high-resolution old photos of
      prague.. :)

      I guess most people here saw those st. petersburg (leningrad) photos
      that were flying around the web a few weeks ago?
      http://www.akademifantasia.org/?p=468
      they did a perfect job.