Fuji S5 Pro

  • Roger D. Williams
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2009
      Last week I swapped a rather nice film panorama camera that I never
      use for the Fuji S5 Pro because I have been feeling the need for
      wider dynamic range shoting indoor panoramas. I would like to hear
      from someone who feels they are getting value from the S5 in this
      kind of situation.

      I prefer to use DXO to prepare TIFFs from the RAW image files when
      it has a module for the body and lens pair I use, and fortunately
      this is so for the Fuji Pro S5 and the Nikon 10.5mm f/2.8 fisheye.
      I have looked at several images shot with the 400% dynamic range
      expansion function "ON" and I cannot see much--if any--gain over
      similar images shot using the D300. I guess I am probably over-
      looking something simple... but the Japanese manual (250 pages of
      small print) is too much to wade through--and far too much like
      my daily work as a translator from Japanese to English!

      Can anyone confirm whether or not DXO can take advantage of the
      higher dynamic range the S5 offers?

      Or would I be better working with Silkypix?

      Thanks for any light on this or any tips you could share...

      Roger W.

      --
      Work: www.adex-japan.com