[PanoToolsNG] Sony's new auto-stitching camera

  • dtonnes
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 5, 2009
      I've wondered when somebody would do this:

      Sweep Panorama Technology
      Capturing wide landscapes, church spires or skyscrapers is as easy as “press
      and sweep.” Sweep panorama mode lets you reach beyond the traditional
      wide-angle lens and capture breathtaking shots. With wide and ultra-wide
      settings and horizontal or vertical directions, sweep panorama mode can take
      up to 224-degree horizontal or 154-degree vertical shots.

      Using the fast-speed Exmor CMOS sensor, the camera continuously shoots
      full-resolution images at a high speed. Using the BIONZ imaging processor,
      it automatically stitches the pictures together to create one stunning
      panoramic photo. The maximum resolution is 7152 x 1080 (ultra wide
      horizontal).

      “This panorama mode is so seamless that it removes the guess work,”
      Noblecilla said. “The camera indicates where you are in the degree range,
      so you know how wide you can shoot and stitches the photos automatically.
      It calculates and aligns pictures for you without using additional
      software.”

      http://www.pdngearguide.com/gearguide/content_display/news/e3i53c1a07074136ed82074dac2cf0f04c6
    • Flemming V. Larsen
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 5, 2009
        Here at
        http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/10153.html
        is a panorama sample:
        http://www.infosyncworld.net/resources/products/sony/sony_cyber-shot_dsc-hx1_s02.jpg

        there are some errors -but it also a hard scenery to capture with moving
        people.

        - Flemming
      • bohonus
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 5, 2009
          Panorama image sample from the camera linked below:

          http://tinyurl.com/addavl

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 5, 2009
            oops, pardon the dupe link-

            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "bohonus" <bradford@...> wrote:

            > Panorama image sample from the camera linked below:
            >
            > http://tinyurl.com/addavl

          • dtonnes
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 5, 2009
              Flemming V. Larsen wrote:

              > http://www.infosyncworld.net/resources/products/sony/sony_cyber-shot_dsc-hx1_s02.jpg

              Look at the upper left of that shot! The irony of how the camera stitched
              Sony's own marketing lingo...it's quite funny!

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 5, 2009

                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 5, 2009
                  Looks like a new trend with in-camera pano-stitching:
                  http://www.general-imaging.com/us/features.html#pano

                  - Flemming

                  > Look at the upper left of that shot! The irony of how the camera stitched
                  > Sony's own marketing lingo...it's quite funny!

                • paul womack
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 6, 2009
                    dtonnes wrote:
                    > I've wondered when somebody would do this:
                    >
                    > Sweep Panorama Technology

                    IIRC This is already in some phone-cameras.

                    BugBear