Re: Lots of mirrors

  • Rodrigo Alarcon-Cielock
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 5, 2009

      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "panovrx" <mediavr@> wrote:
      > Here is another one, with mirrors on the ceiling as well, and a pool of water on the floor to act a mirror there
      > http://www.mediavr.com/infinityroom2.htm

      Hi Peter,

      Both panoramas are really nice, I prefer the second one, it is very inmersive and also it looks like that you managed to create your own "black hole " in the nadir. Congratulations.

      kind regards,

      Rodrigo
    • Bernhard Vogl
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 5, 2009
        Peter,

        This is a great image - thanks for sharing!

        Bernhard

        > http://www.mediavr.com/infinityroom1.htm
      • Paulo Fernandes
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 5, 2009
          Beautiful panos thanks for sharing :)
          I'm guessing that generating controls points automatically was out of the
          question?

          --
          Com os melhores cumprimentos,

          Paulo Fernandes
          Multimedia

          ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
          Go Go Pixel - Design, Fotografia e Multimédia
          Rua Brito Capelo, 822 1ª trás
          4450-068 Matosinhos - Portugal
          Tel. +351 229 350 974 - Fax. +351 229 350 974
          :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

        • Bjørn K Nilssen
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 5, 2009
            On 5 Mar 2009 at 12:58, Paulo Fernandes wrote:

            > Beautiful panos thanks for sharing :)
            > I'm guessing that generating controls points automatically was out of the
            > question?

            Good question ;)

            Very nice panos, and interesting concept.
            How big are those "rooms", and where/how do you enter/exit?

          • AYRTON
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 5, 2009
              Peteras ALWAYS ...
              brilliant,
              nice,
              interesting,
              so
              congratulations once again :-)

              your admirer
              AYRTON

              On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 6:31 AM, panovrx <mediavr@...> wrote:

              > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "panovrx" <mediavr@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Japanese artist, Yayoi Kusama, builds rooms with mirrors on all sides,
              > "Infinity Rooms". > http://www.mediavr.com/infinityroom1.htm
              > >
              > > Peter Murphy
              >
              > Here is another one, with mirrors on the ceiling as well, and a pool of
              > water on the floor to act a mirror there
              > http://www.mediavr.com/infinityroom2.htm

              ------------
              | A Y R |
              | T O N |
              ------------

              + 55 21 9982 6313

              http://ayrton360.com
              http://rio.360cities.net
              http://vrfolio.com
              http://ayrton.com

            • RobLee
              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 5, 2009
                nice looking girl

                Message 7 of 15 , Mar 5, 2009
                  We had something similar at The Getty when I was working there, by a
                  different artist - a complete mirrored room, including a mirrored bench...
                  it was overwhelming and disorienting. Bummer was, I couldn't get permission
                  for a tripod or monopod in there, and i wasn't about to attempt it
                  handheld.

                  -R
                • Caroling Geary
                  Message 8 of 15 , Mar 5, 2009
                    I remember being in a mirrored elevator at some NY art gallery in the
                    1960's. Back then it was trippy, far out, and groovy. It also
                    relieved the claustrophobia of being in a tiny space with a crowd of
                    people. How would a panorama capture the effect of being on a moving
                    elevator?

                    On Mar 5, 2009, at 9:48 AM, Roger Howard wrote:

                    > We had something similar at The Getty when I was working there, by a
                    > different artist - a complete mirrored room, including a mirrored
                    > bench...
                    > it was overwhelming and disorienting. Bummer was, I couldn't get
                    > permission
                    > for a tripod or monopod in there, and i wasn't about to attempt it
                    > handheld.
                    >
                    > -R

                    Caroling Geary, www.wholeo.net
                  • Terry Thrift
                    Message 9 of 15 , Mar 5, 2009
                      Fun pano!

                      I wonder whether placing the monopod/camera inside a mirrored
                      structure (box, cylinder, ... ) would clutter or help the imagery.
                      Cutting a hole in the mirror so only the lens is visible.

                      -Terry Thrift-

                      On Mar 4, 2009, at 9:08 PM, panovrx wrote:

                      > Japanese artist, Yayoi Kusama, builds rooms with mirrors on all
                      > sides, "Infinity Rooms". For panoramas the problem, of course, is a
                      > million reflections of the camera and tripod. So after thinking on
                      > this for a while -- I gave up -- and decided that the next best
                      > thing was to replace the tripod with a single pole, screwed into a
                      > heavy base (a Benbo monopod). And the shot does look cleaner I think
                      > than it would with a tripod. I am outside the room firing the
                      > shutter remotely.
                      >
                      > http://www.mediavr.com/infinityroom1.htm
                      >
                      > Peter Murphy
                    • Bernd
                      Message 10 of 15 , Mar 5, 2009
                        Hi Peter,
                        what a spacy image and also a great work.
                        Thanks for sharing.

                        All the best
                        Bernd

                        > http://www.mediavr.com/infinityroom1.htm
                        > http://www.mediavr.com/infinityroom2.htm
                        >
                        > Peter Murphy

                      • David Sykes
                        Message 11 of 15 , Mar 6, 2009
                          Peter wrote:

                          > Here is another one, with mirrors on the ceiling as well, and a pool of water on the floor to act a mirror there
                          > http://www.mediavr.com/infinityroom2.htm

                          Incredible !

                          Why not go back with a pair of TX1's and do it in stereo .. seriously ?

                          David