Re: [PanoToolsNG] Helpful info or just an annoying animation?

  • Jim Watters
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 4 5:58 AM
      I think first time viewers would appreciate the animation. But if I was
      to view a dozen or so panos and got the same animation each time it
      would get a little annoying. Maybe a check box to set "Do not show this
      again". If the animation did not loop, then opening in a separate tab
      and not opening it right away would defeat the purpose.

      I experimented with a UI that had a list of thumbnails that opened a
      mixture of panos and images. I had no visual clue which were which. I
      am constantly dragging the image to make them rotate just in case. But
      I think an auto rotate once is all that is needed.

      Jim Watters

      Ingemar Bergmark wrote:
      > I was playing around with hotspots in FPP, when I got the idea to make an info screen with animation instead of the good ol' "Click and drag..." text.
      >
      > I'm submitting my test here for some feedback
      > http://tinyurl.com/ca2aww
      >
      > All this is done with some extra code the XML file. At first the animation ran only one cycle, but it seemed too short, so I changed it to loop indefinately. Don't really know which is best.
      > The whole thing goes away just by clicking anywhere on the pano.
      >
      > So the question is: helpful or just annoying?

    • Hans Nyberg
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 4 7:00 AM
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Ingemar Bergmark" <ingemar@...> wrote:

        > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Roger D. Williams" <roger@>
        > > wrote:
        > >
        > > One minor point, Ingemar. That side-to-side motion is rather violent,
        > > and almost makes me feel ill. Something gentler might be just as
        > > effective, with no unfortunate side effect.
        > >
        > > Roger W.
        > >

        > Yeah, you're right about that. I had a 20 degree swing before, but now I changed it to 10 >degrees.

        You can use the right left animation but forget about the zoom function. Remember that it does not work everywhere, It depends both on platform-Browser and if you are in fullscreen or not and at last if you have Flash 9 or 10.

        Would be better to demonstrate up/down panning.