Re: [PanoToolsNG] Enfuse and Enblend reference manuals now on the wiki

  • Seb Perez-D
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 4 1:56 AM
      On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 10:36, paul womack <pwomack@...> wrote:

      > I appear to have some kind of version problem.
      > and yet I don't have many of the options (e.g. --depth)
      > so elegantly written of in the documentation.

      The source of the documentation in
      http://panorama.dyndns.org/EandE-documentation/ says that:

      > Note: . The documents also describe the use of
      > -d, --depth=DEPTH Set the number of bits per channel of the output image.
      > DEPTH is 8, 16, 32, R32, or R64.
      > This is not part of the standard trunk yet, but both Christopher Spiel an I myself
      > apply them in our binaries (I don't do that for hugin though as hugin is not yet
      > "compatible" with that option).

      I don't know why this hasn't been added to enblend/enfuse yet.

      Cheers,

      Seb
    • Ken Warner
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 4 3:50 AM
        In the Enfuse manual it says:

        " If the input images need to be aligned, Hugin (see section Helpful Additional
        Programs) is the tool of choice. It produces images exactly in the format that
        Enfuse expects. "

        I'm assuming that PTGui will also "...produces images exactly in the format that
        Enfuse expects."

        Yes?

        paul womack wrote:
        > Erik Krause wrote:
        >
        >>Here are the URLS:
        >>http://wiki.panotools.org/Enfuse_reference_manual
        >>http://wiki.panotools.org/Enblend_reference_manual
        >

        > I appear to have some kind of version problem.
        >
        > My enfuse is reported as
        > ==== enfuse, version 3.2 ====
        > from enblend-3.2-1.fc8.
        >
        > 3.2-1 is also the most recent src rpm
        > here:
        >
        > http://bugbear.postle.net/~bruno/apt/redhat/el4/i386/SRPMS.panorama/
        >
        > and yet I don't have many of the options (e.g. --depth)
        > so elegantly written of in the documentation.
        >
        > BugBear

      • Harry van der Wolf
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 4 10:15 AM
          On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 10:36, paul womack
          <pwomack@...<pwomack%40papermule.co.uk>>
          wrote:

          > I appear to have some kind of version problem.
          > and yet I don't have many of the options (e.g. --depth)
          > so elegantly written of in the documentation.

          The source of the documentation in
          http://panorama.dyndns.org/EandE-documentation/ says that:

          > Note: . The documents also describe the use of
          > -d, --depth=DEPTH Set the number of bits per channel of the output image.
          > DEPTH is 8, 16, 32, R32, or R64.
          > This is not part of the standard trunk yet, but both Christopher Spiel an
          I myself
          > apply them in our binaries (I don't do that for hugin though as hugin is
          not yet
          > "compatible" with that option).

          I don't know why this hasn't been added to enblend/enfuse yet.

          Cheers,

          Seb

          Christoph Spiel delivered 7 patches to Andrew somewhere in September - Early
          October 2008 which Andrew applied on 13-09 and on 22-09. After that the
          bit-depth patch/enhancement was delivered to Andrew by Christoph but that
          got stuck in Andrews "Input Queue" I suppose. Maybe because he started
          working on a nona-gpu version.
          I think it is a great enhancement and I applied it immediately to my OSX
          build which I use in my ImageFuser. The "stand alone" enblend/enfuse builds
          I occasionally release are 100% trunk. The ones to be used in Hugin are also
          100% because there currently is a small compatibility issue. Hugin needs to
          be adapted before this patch can be used (not only OSX, but all OSes).
          I too hope that the bit-depth patch is applied soon as from that moment we
          can make the (minor) adjustment to Hugin.

          2009/3/4 Ken Warner <kwarner000@...>

          > In the Enfuse manual it says:
          >
          > " If the input images need to be aligned, Hugin (see section Helpful
          > Additional
          > Programs) is the tool of choice. It produces images exactly in the format
          > that
          > Enfuse expects. "
          >
          > I'm assuming that PTGui will also "...produces images exactly in the format
          > that
          > Enfuse expects."
          >
          > Yes?

          What this phrase is meaning (and maybe it should be rewritten) is that if
          the images need to be aligned, you can use one of the Hugin tools called
          align_image_stack. Align_image_stack delivers aligned, "stacked" images
          which can be used by enfuse. It is not really a "format" issue, it's a "need
          for nicely aligned images" issue.
          I have no idea whether ptgui (or one of the other commercial programs) has
          an align_image_stack like tool.

          Harry

          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 6 12:20 PM
            Christian Bloch wrote:

            > Thank you. Just had a peek, it's a great read. Very deep, kudos to
            > Harry!

            Well, the text is actually by Dr. Christoph L. Spiel and published under
            GFDL, which means we could import it into the wiki...

          • Harry van der Wolf
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 6 12:59 PM
              Correctly stated by Erik.

              As also mentioned on my site <
              http://panorama.dyndns.org/EandE-documentation/>:
              "These documents are released under the *GNU Free Documentation
              License*which makes it possible for me to publish them on my website.
              Please note
              that this is not my work at all. All credits go to dr. Christopher Spiel. "

              The documents are not my work.
              I worked on the conversion to wiki, but Erik did also his part in this
              conversion.
              (And it's not finished yet. If you see errors or missing internal links:
              please correct and adapt them. It is a wiki after all)

              Harry

              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 6 3:17 PM
                Am Tuesday, March 03, 2009 um 21:39 schrieb Erik Krause:

                > In short: It's a wiki. If you encounter errors, please correct them
                > directly. If you are in doubt or have some comments: Express yourself
                > on the related discussion page.

                Sorry for inconvenience. There was an update to the wiki software
                which apparently caused that many users couldn't edit any pages. This
                will be corrected soon, please be patient.

                best regards
                Offenburger Str. 33
                79108 Freiburg
                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 7 2:58 AM
                  Am Saturday, March 07, 2009 um 0:17 schrieb Erik Krause:

                  > Sorry for inconvenience. There was an update to the wiki software
                  > which apparently caused that many users couldn't edit any pages. This
                  > will be corrected soon, please be patient.

                  Ok, it's editable again (to logged in users as before)...

                  best regards
                  Offenburger Str. 33
                  79108 Freiburg
                • Harry van der Wolf
                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 14 8:39 AM
                    All,

                    After the addition/conversion to wiki.panotools.org, Erik detected that the
                    formula's that were displayed in the Enfuse pdf, were not displayed in the
                    wiki, due to the incompatibility with mathlab. The same formula's were in
                    the html version too, but those couldn't be displayed either by my browsers
                    (Firefox and Safari).
                    So, I also updated the enfuse reference HTML manual on <
                    http://panorama.dyndns.org/EandE-documentation/> and added png's displaying
                    the formula's instead on the original mathlab formula's.

                    Hoi,
                    Harry

                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 14 9:27 AM
                      Harry van der Wolf wrote:

                      > Erik detected that the
                      > formula's that were displayed in the Enfuse pdf, were not displayed in the
                      > wiki, due to the incompatibility with mathlab. The same formula's were in
                      > the html version too, but those couldn't be displayed either by my browsers
                      > (Firefox and Safari).

                      The interesting thing is, that the original TeX version contains the
                      formulas in three different formats, one being kind of simplified TeX,
                      one native TeX, one MathML which Firefox and other browsers should be
                      able to display. Unfortunately the MathML version didn't make it into
                      the HTML, only the simplified one.

                      texi2html seems pretty outdated in this regard...