Re: [PanoToolsNG] sony alpha 350

  • Matthew Rogers
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 3 3:37 PM
      There's the pentax mount 8mm or the Sony 16mm.

      Matt

      On 3 Mar 2009, at 21:29, Jeffrey Martin wrote:

      > are there any fisheye lenses for sony a350?
      >
      > is anyone using this to make panos?
      >
      > Jeffrey Martin
      >
      > www.360cities.net - The World in Virtual Reality
      > tel. +420 608 076 502 / skype jeffrey.s.martin
      > http://twitter.com/360cities

    • homoludens
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 4 1:46 AM
        Sigma recently announced the release of their 8mm fisheye with a Sony mount
        http://www.sigmaphoto.com/lenses/lenses_all_details.asp?id=3337&navigator=6

        Luk

        Jeffrey Martin-3 wrote:

        > are there any fisheye lenses for sony a350?
        >
        > is anyone using this to make panos?
        >

        > Jeffrey Martin
        >
        > www.360cities.net - The World in Virtual Reality
        > tel. +420 608 076 502 / skype jeffrey.s.martin
        > http://twitter.com/360cities

      • ptgroup
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 4 6:08 AM
          Hm - that is for a 10mm, not a 8mm Fisheye.
          Maybe the Tokina ATX 107 also is available for Sony.
          Pentax has it�s own brand, but is the same lens though.
          ciao
          mike
          ----------------------------
          360� VR Fotografie:
          http://www.360de.de
          -----Urspr�ngliche Nachricht-----

        • jot.mateng@googlemail.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 5 2:37 AM
            Hi Jeffrey,

            2009/3/3, Jeffrey Martin <360cities@...>:
            > are there any fisheye lenses for sony a350?

            yes, there are some lenses available:

            For example the "Sigma 8mm F3.5 EX DG Circular Fisheye".
            http://www.sigmaphoto.com/lenses/lenses_all_details.asp?id=3319&navigator=4

            The image-circle is cropped on a APS-C-size sensor like this [( )].
            On a full-frame sensor it produces a fiul cirlcle like this [O].

            And Sigma also announced a APS-C "full-circle fisheye":
            http://www.sigmaphoto.com/lenses/lenses_all_details.asp?id=3336&navigator=6

            Unfortunaltely I have no experince with this lens :-(

            > is anyone using this to make panos?

            I use the predecessor of the Sigma 8mm F3,5 (Sigma 8mm F4 Circular
            Fisheye) on a Sony Alpha 700 (it has the same sensor size as a Alpha
            350).

            I normally shoot four images and retouch zenith and nadir manually. I
            use a custom mount which rotates the camera ~30°

            The pole I use (there you can see the lens-mount):
            http://www.fotocommunity.de/pc/pc/mypics/18429/display/13241179

            And some samples:
            http://www.360cities.net/image/first-woman-finished-ironman-germany-2008
            http://www.360cities.net/image/t-rex-at-senckenberganlage
            http://www.360cities.net/image/chair-o-planes-at-the-dippemess
            http://www.360cities.net/image/jpmorgan-chase-corporate-challenge-2008-finish

            Juergen
          • paul womack
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 5 2:53 AM
              jot.mateng@... wrote:
              > Hi Jeffrey,
              >
              > 2009/3/3, Jeffrey Martin <360cities@...>:
              >> are there any fisheye lenses for sony a350?

              I sometimes feel out of place here; with the
              35-135mm zoom on my compact camera, I use
              panorama software to EMULATE wide angle lenses,
              as opposed to using wide angle lenses to make
              panoramas :-)

              BugBear
            • Thomas Krueger
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 6 8:48 AM
                Jeffrey Martin-3 wrote:

                > are there any fisheye lenses for sony a350?
                > is anyone using this to make panos?

                Only Sigma 8mm for the a350.
                see http://www.dyxum.com/lenses/index.asp

                What about the Sony a900 - 2 196.00 € from www.kasa.cz or www.eukasa.de