sony alpha 350

  • Jeffrey Martin
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 3 1:29 PM
      are there any fisheye lenses for sony a350?

      is anyone using this to make panos?

      Jeffrey Martin

      tel. +420 608 076 502 / skype jeffrey.s.martin
      http://twitter.com/360cities

    • Matthew Rogers
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 3 3:37 PM
        There's the pentax mount 8mm or the Sony 16mm.

        Matt

        On 3 Mar 2009, at 21:29, Jeffrey Martin wrote:

        > are there any fisheye lenses for sony a350?
        >
        > is anyone using this to make panos?
        >
        > Jeffrey Martin
        >
        > www.360cities.net - The World in Virtual Reality
        > tel. +420 608 076 502 / skype jeffrey.s.martin
        > http://twitter.com/360cities

      • homoludens
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 4 1:46 AM
          Sigma recently announced the release of their 8mm fisheye with a Sony mount
          http://www.sigmaphoto.com/lenses/lenses_all_details.asp?id=3337&navigator=6

          Luk

          Jeffrey Martin-3 wrote:

          > are there any fisheye lenses for sony a350?
          >
          > is anyone using this to make panos?
          >

          > Jeffrey Martin
          >
          > www.360cities.net - The World in Virtual Reality
          > tel. +420 608 076 502 / skype jeffrey.s.martin
          > http://twitter.com/360cities

        • ptgroup
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 4 6:08 AM
            Hm - that is for a 10mm, not a 8mm Fisheye.
            Maybe the Tokina ATX 107 also is available for Sony.
            Pentax has it�s own brand, but is the same lens though.
            ciao
            mike
            ----------------------------
            360� VR Fotografie:
            http://www.360de.de
            -----Urspr�ngliche Nachricht-----

          • jot.mateng@googlemail.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 5 2:37 AM
              Hi Jeffrey,

              2009/3/3, Jeffrey Martin <360cities@...>:
              > are there any fisheye lenses for sony a350?

              yes, there are some lenses available:

              For example the "Sigma 8mm F3.5 EX DG Circular Fisheye".
              http://www.sigmaphoto.com/lenses/lenses_all_details.asp?id=3319&navigator=4

              The image-circle is cropped on a APS-C-size sensor like this [( )].
              On a full-frame sensor it produces a fiul cirlcle like this [O].

              And Sigma also announced a APS-C "full-circle fisheye":
              http://www.sigmaphoto.com/lenses/lenses_all_details.asp?id=3336&navigator=6

              Unfortunaltely I have no experince with this lens :-(

              > is anyone using this to make panos?

              I use the predecessor of the Sigma 8mm F3,5 (Sigma 8mm F4 Circular
              Fisheye) on a Sony Alpha 700 (it has the same sensor size as a Alpha
              350).

              I normally shoot four images and retouch zenith and nadir manually. I
              use a custom mount which rotates the camera ~30°

              The pole I use (there you can see the lens-mount):
              http://www.fotocommunity.de/pc/pc/mypics/18429/display/13241179

              And some samples:
              http://www.360cities.net/image/first-woman-finished-ironman-germany-2008
              http://www.360cities.net/image/t-rex-at-senckenberganlage
              http://www.360cities.net/image/chair-o-planes-at-the-dippemess
              http://www.360cities.net/image/jpmorgan-chase-corporate-challenge-2008-finish

              Juergen
            • paul womack
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 5 2:53 AM
                jot.mateng@... wrote:
                > Hi Jeffrey,
                >
                > 2009/3/3, Jeffrey Martin <360cities@...>:
                >> are there any fisheye lenses for sony a350?

                I sometimes feel out of place here; with the
                35-135mm zoom on my compact camera, I use
                panorama software to EMULATE wide angle lenses,
                as opposed to using wide angle lenses to make
                panoramas :-)

                BugBear
              • Thomas Krueger
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 6 8:48 AM
                  Jeffrey Martin-3 wrote:

                  > are there any fisheye lenses for sony a350?
                  > is anyone using this to make panos?

                  Only Sigma 8mm for the a350.
                  see http://www.dyxum.com/lenses/index.asp

                  What about the Sony a900 - 2 196.00 € from www.kasa.cz or www.eukasa.de